We both had a rough start. He spent his first 8 days in the NICU with some major respiratory issues. I had issues from the emergency c-section. It's a gross story, and still recovering 16 weeks later. But there was a brief stint when I had to be hooked up to a wound-vac. It made caring for an infant just a little more difficult.
Husband and I decided it was best for me to quit my job (at least for this first year) to stay at home with Caleb. It's rewarding for the most part. But I do get bored at times, and I miss working. But I love being with Caleb more than I miss working, so it's not so bad.
Two of those three weeks while I was still working, Caleb stayed with a friend of mine who had recently had a baby of her own. Dillion is 5 weeks younger than Caleb, and he is already trying to tell Dillion the ins and outs of life so far. My boy has already got life figured out.
(Shameless Plug) I'm trying to supplement some missing income by becoming an Independent Consultant for Thirty-One. It's a line of super cute bags, purses and totes. You can find more about Thirty-One here at my site, and if you'd like to help me in my efforts as a stay-at-home mommy, feel free to order something, and send the link to all of your friends and tell them to order something too!
http://www.mythirtyone.com/wegotyourbag/
Big big big thank you and love to Ms. Boxie and Ms. Moi, for being my first two orders!
Time. I have none. Well, I do after about 8pm, but by then, I'm so pooped from the day, I just want to relax in my chair and curl up with my blanket. And a big glass of iced tea. When I have a few moments during the day, I spend it washing bottles. Or folding laundry. Or talking gibberish to Caleb. Or making up silly sing songs as an art of distraction. Or making Mommy Milk. (that's what I call it).
Sleep. Well, after about week 8, Caleb was sleeping through the night. And I mean 8 to 10 hours. It was divine. However, he must be in a growth spurt, because the past 3 weeks he's been waking between 2am and 3am wanting a bottle. Then, after bottle, he thinks it's time to play. It is not. But I can't seem to get him to grasp this yet. It takes around an hour to get him back to sleep, then I have to spend 15-20 minutes making Mommy Milk before I can head back to bed. By that time, I'm wide awake and it takes a while to go back to sleep. It seems like by the time I finally get to sleep, Caleb is awake. Again. le sigh. Mom doesn't feel sorry for me, but I sure feel sorry for myself sometimes.
But Caleb is totally worth every moment of lost sleep. Every smile, every coo, every chat, every little roll up to grab his feet. I love it all. I mean, look at this face. How can you resist it? You can't. Don't even try. *love*
Such a sweet smile.
I love this pic of my family.
Look at that face. I'm in big trouble. He's already thinking about how to get away with stuff.
I have a ton of thoughts I want to share about cute Caleb things, Mommy things, and Big 12 football. But no time. I promise to get better about visiting everyone. I miss you all, dearly. I hope all of you are well.
6 comments:
Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!
There's so much I want to say and I don't want to leave a long quote.
But, I'm so glad you deciced to stay home. You are my hero for doing that. The expressions your child produces are priceless. Not just these but others I've seen. The kid could model with his looks.
Thanks for posting and letting us all know how you've been. I know you're super bizzy (and you're more bizzy than I've ever been in my life and I really mean that) but I hope you post more often.
Have a great weekend.
Hi Babygirl and Grandboy Caleb! I love you both.
And go change your font color on your shameless plug away from that green because I can't read it on my screen, and that means maybe others can't either!
Am ready for some Caleb time. Am I going to see him for Halloweenie?
Yeah!!!
So delighted you are finding a way to be the full time Mama. You will never regret the decision. When you think about childhood being the 20% of our lives which rules the remaining 80% .... well it helps you be proud of your choice.
What a great looking little manchild ... so happy for you all.
oh mah goodness chile!! We's shure missed ya Kymmie--reaaally.
CJ is a hoot! yep, he already has that mischievous look about him--ahahaha! Waht a sweet baby boy--awwww, I would take a shift fer ya any night.
Thanky fer this update. Happy to hear thangs has really improved.
Now--off to check out yore Thirty One.
welcome back darlin. its great to see you and the baby. and i love that family photo too! what an adorable child - and yes he looks like he is going to be a BOY in that last image. So glad you are staying home - you really need to stay home for 5 years. I know -I know. Im just saying. I was a teacher. the kids with moms at home do better. im sorry but that is how it is. I'll see if I can find something on 31 if that helps.
He looks just like a Kewpie Doll! I want to pinch those cheeks . . .
So glad to hear things are going well. I miss ya, kiddo, and am glad you took the time to drop by and say hello.
P.S. I will be using my tote this weekend!
Post a Comment