I can't believe it's been since October since my last post. Geesh. My little mini-man doesn't allow me a lot of blog time. He went to bed pretty easy tonight, so here I am! We are finally getting a (late-day) schedule down. He usually wakes up between 6am and 7am and we have a morning bottle. Then, because I'm not ready to be up for the day, we will go lay down in my bed and have a nap. He does pretty good about going to sleep again, and usually sleeps until about 9am or 9:30 or so. That is one of my most favorite parts of my day. However, it gets our day off to a late start. It takes a good hour and a half to do what I need to do in the mornings with getting Caleb fed, bottles washed, and other things. That is before I even get to take a shower. (IF I get to take a shower).
The local YMCA has a child watch until 1:45, so I try to get out of the house by noon, to get to the Y at least 2 times a week. It doesn't always work out, but it gives me something to do. I am not made to be stuck in the house all day. I NEED to be out. I can't just sit here with Caleb. I can't. I'll go crazy. So, we get out and do things. I go to Target. And spend money. I go to Wal-mart. And spend money. I go to the mall. And spend money. It's a problem. Or I drive around for hours. Sometimes 2 or 3 hours a day because it's better than feeling stuck at home. I am looking forward to going back to work. I think that at a year old, Caleb will do just fine at a daycare. He's social and likes people. I just worry about him getting naps in. He has to see what is going on around him at all times. Nothing is going to get by this kid. If there is something to see or do, he's going to be doing it. It wear's me out just thinking about it!
Anyway, I try to get back home about 5pm. If I just had something to do everyday from Noon to 4:00, I would be fine. I wouldn't be so stir crazy. That is my problem. I need something to do. With Caleb. I wasn't made to be a stay at home mom. I feel like working has been a part of my identity for my whole life, that I just feel lost, and have a hard time adjusting to not working. It really has been a struggle. I need someone (ahem mom), to help me get my resume up to snuff, so I can start applying for jobs when the time is right. It's coming up sooner than later!
My boy is already 7 and a half months old! I can't believe it! This time has just flown right on by. He's getting better at sitting up on his own, but he's got to figure out this balance issue! And he's rolling all over the place. He can get to anywhere he wants to go. He just rolls and rolls. It's pretty cute. He's starting to figure out he can laugh, too. It's cute. He doesn't have that baby belly laugh that everyone loves, but he is giggling and it's a start. He makes me so happy. I'm just busy being a mom to a very busy little boy.

3 comments:
Hello Kymmie!
It's great to see you on the blogs.
Your Caleb is darling! I get what you say about him being attentive to everything and how nothing will get by this kid....he looks very alert and engaged in all the photos I have seen.
Have you tried the Mom and me groups? Things like Gymboree? Or other Mother and babe activity groups? In our location there are moms who all jog with their babies in those very hi-tech looking strollers. They meet in a park, do their runs then have a picnic lunch with each other. Moms and babies all look happy.
I hate to sound all parental on you but is it possible for you to work part time now? A couple of afternoons or evenings? I think it is smart of you to recognize you need more to sustain yourself for yourself. Very smart. It sure looks like Caleb would be happy with other babies if he was at a nursery for a half day or two.
Don't just drive around to get out, volunteer! Meals on wheels always needs drivers. Maybe volunteer a couple of evenings a week for your chosen candidate? I have no doubts there are plenty of groups who would count their blessings for some Kym time. Plus those volunteer gigs look great on a resume and often lead to jobs.
Godspeed, I will look forward to more posts and photographs soon.
Well, I have zero experience with babies so I'll just say it's great to see you again blogging. I so admire your dedication to raising a happy and healhty boy and at the same trying to keep yourself the same way; happy and healthy. And I know the first year is the hardest.
XOXO - he's a super cutie and you know I believe he needs an agent. The boy has the best expressions.
For what it's worth, The Mrs. and I decided early on (well actually, she decided) that she wanted to keep her career after we had the boys. And I was absolutely good with that. So after 3 months, they went into full-time daycare. It is expensive, but The Mrs. earned enough to make it well worth it. And it was the best thing for everyone's sanity - including the boys.
The interaction with other kids is really important for them. They both still have friends from daycare that they stay in touch with. The Mrs. had pangs of regret along the way. My mother heaped loads of guilt on her because she couldn't understand how anyone could use daycare. That was a generational thing - she was a stay-at-home mom.
Neither of them have turned into psycho killers - yet.
Post a Comment