Hello, July 7th? It's me, Kym. Can you please do your best to get here in a hurry? I'm very tired of being pregnant. And I'm hot. What is up with this heat? Triple digit heat/heat index in June is just unacceptable. And I now seem to have this condition called "cankles". wtf? It was a sad, sad day when I looked down and my socks had muffin top. I seem to be extra whiny lately, too. And irrational. What makes it worse is that I am fully aware I am being irrational, yet there isn't anything I can do about it. It's like I'm outside of my body, watching myself act like a crazy person, and I just have to sit there and let it happen. Sigh. My legs hurt. I have "temporary" carpel tunnel in my right arm, which makes it very hard to sleep at night. I'm telling you, this last bit of being pregnant isn't as fun as it has been. I feel like a herd of cattle. I won't mention how much weight I've gained. It makes me cry to think about it. I just hope I can get it all off before I have to return to work. tsk.
Things are progressing very slowly. Both with getting this baby here, and with getting his room ready. Most things are done in his room, I just have to get the clothes and sheets washed and put away. And figure out something for storage of toys, diapers/wipes, lotions/powders/butt cream, etc... Then there is the wall decor. I have to super cute (unbelievably adorable and perfect with room colors) pictures of a certain Sterling Cat and of my Cozzy Cat. (I'll try to have pictures up very soon) But, I need other stuff too. I'm thinking animals and things, but I just don't know how to pull it all together.
Anyway, that's the update for now. I'll try to get room pics up very soon. In the mean time, I'll be here. Whining about being hot. And fat. And tired.
10 comments:
Oh Sweetie, I'm sorry. About being tired and the cankles and thinking you had to get everything done before the baby arrives.
sad face.
But you know babies don't know if the color is perfect or if they have enough clothes.... they just care they have suplike you and your Mister.
My sister had the carpel tunnel problem and it did go away, but Wow it was hard for her.
Thanks for the update and I'll put a letter into July 7th explaining maybe it could become June 27th instead?
Hang in there. xoxo
Kym,
sending you hugs and icy cold watermelon comfort. Will it help for you to know it's worth every challenge along the way?
Irrational irritability is tough. Very. But it's physiological not psychological. The great news is delivering that fine baby boy will
cure these difficulties and reward your stoicism with a love of a lifetime.
Sometimes baby comes early :-)
Oh Baby Doll!! Sorry fer the struggle--know it's tough sleddin' the last few weeks.
Now, looky, is them clothes done yet? Cause' I can lift mah petticoats an' do a rain dance an Baby Boy can come on June 27th--yep, in jes' 3 more days.
Try not to worry about yore irrational stage--it gives Mr. Kymical a good story to tell about what all he went through--oh he will luv tellin' it.
Boxer had great insight, Baby Boy doan know iffin' the room is the same vision as in yore haid. He jes' knows if he is loved. On that he scores big time.
An' Fishy is onto somethin' I reckon' jes' eat cold fruits an' cold grilled chicken salad an 'such--keep the house a notch cooler and see iffin' that makes thangs a touch more bearable.
How long is yore maternity leave?
Be of good cheer, Kymmie, soon enough that wee bundle will be in yore arms an' all will be worth it!!
Hang tight, girl. I'm thinking of you every day and sending all my good energy your way for a speedy, uncomplicated, and drug-filled delivery. Or is that the husband and Pam?
At any rate, it's almost over. Now, PUSH!
Came on over via Czar's site. Congratulations on a great haiku win!
I know all about being hot. My oldest was born early August.
I gained a good bit of water weight my last few weeks. That weight disappeared rapidly after my oldest was born. Hang in there.
FRIDAY!!
Boxie: June 27 has come and gone. :( Hopefully he'll be here soon!
Fishy: Husband and I have enjoyed a lot of cold watermelon lately. And pineapple. Oh how I love a juicy, sweet pineapple. But they give me heartburn. I know everything is worth it in the end. It's the getting to the end that is taking the tole. Soon. I keep saying, soon.
Aunty: I get to take 8 weeks with baby once he arrives, and I imagine they will be the greatest 8 weeks of my life. I can't wait. I'm so in love with him already.
Moi: Thanks. I'm hanging. And I fully plan on taking the drugs as soon as they say I can have them. :)
Foam: Welcome to my neck of the woods! Come back anytime! Although I'm betting most of my blogging will be about being a new mom, and baby things, etc... But, I do not envy you in the slightest having to carry through July and into August. I hope you live somewhere where temperatures aren't as miserable as they have been here!
Aunty: I'm good with Friday. Let's see what we can do to make that happen. All tips welcome! :)
PUSH!!
Push Kymmie!!
Heh...no, now, nothin' too strenuous, we want li'l Prince to be healthy. Give him a massage--wake him up an' tell him it's time!!
Hi Kym,
stopped in to say we are all praying for your family and to welcome Caleb. Godspeed to you all.
Hey Sugar!!
How's ya doin'? That wee angel baby is gorgeous==an' a Sooner -to -be, huh?
Post a Comment