My (not so new anymore) job is fantastic. I've never looked back about moving on, and it keeps me challenged. I'm learning more and more everyday, and the nature of the job means that it should always be that way. I'm a person who thrives at learning and improving what I do. This job does that for me. The rules and regulations are always changing, so there's continuous adjustments to your thinking. You can't ever get comfortable with what you know, because tomorrow things can change.
Here's why I'm tired. All the time. I get up at 5:30 and need to leave my house by 7:00 just to get to work by 8:00. Usually, it's not a problem, and I'm there with 10 minutes to spare. But on days like today, it's a whole other story. That story is rain. It's rained all day, which means Oklahoma drivers freak out. They lose all driving sensibility and can't remember their route to work. Well, when this happens it usually causes me to be late. Anyway, after the workday ends, I leave at five and fight more traffic. The traffic coming home is definitely worse than the traffic on the way to work. I generally get home right around 6:00, change clothes then make dinner. By the time husband and I eat dinner and let it settle, it's 7:30 and then we're off to The Y for a workout. It's 10:00 by the time we get home and I'm too tired to bother with a blog post.
Ok - so now you know why I haven't been blogging, and now I'll fill you in about what I've been up to. Honestly, not much. I lead a boring life. I'm reading now. I unwillingly got on this Twilight bandwagon, and I fought kicking and screaming, but in the end, the Vampires were nothing I imagined them to be, and in turn, they stole my heart. Lame, I know. But lame is what I do. I do manage to find time to watch my "shows". Geeze. I feel like my grandmother by saying that. She used to have her shows. But hers were Daytime Soaps. Mine are smut "reality" shows. Big Brother? check. Rachel Zoe? check. Project Runway? check. Survivor? check. Amazing Race? check, check. Pawn Stars? yes please. Ice Road Truckers? yes. Good grief, it looks like I watch a ton of tv. Really though, it's just on while I do other things. Reading, doing computer things, craftology.... I'm a multi-tasker!
It also happens to be my birthday today. It's going to be a great year. It also happens to be Sooner Football season. Which may not be such a great year. But, what are ya gonna do?
Anyway, there's a brief catch-up and I'll be back on Friday!
5 comments:
Hey, girl, great to have you back! Burnout is natural. I fight it all the time.
Oh, and Rachel Zoe? I. Die. Love. Her.
Welcome back Kym,
Good to see you like your job. Challenges are key to keeping it interesting.
I don't know how flexible your work schedule is. I do by my work week PT during my lunch break. It takes 11/2 hours.(Including shower and change time) I just add the extra half hour to the end of the day. Back when I had a long commute it had the added benefit of helping to miss some of the worst traffic. If there's a gym close to your work or shower facilities onsite, it may be an option.
Welcome back Kymmie! You've been missed. Blogging is hard to keep up with when real life becomes full. AND, I think Summer is always a hard time because there's so much we can do away from the computer.
Did you have a birthday?
Happy Birthday!
Sweet Thang!
Happy Birthday!!!!!
(What kind of cake did ya have?)
Yore Aunty Belle is delighted ter see ya' up an movin' about. ( I FULLY git why ya lost the blog groove as I mahself is strugglin' wif' it.)
congrats on new fantastic job--sorry fer the snarly traffic.
Shows huh? Well, I will admit to two:
The Good Wife and Mad Men. But I watch 'em in the wee mornin' hours On Demand wif'out the commercials.
Sometimes I does look in on Top Chef an Project Runway...but now, truth is, fer me Fashion Trance was THE BEST an' I wish they would bring it back.
Welcome back, Kymmie.
Ok so if you like vampire stories you need to check out True Blood HBO, you can rent the first 2 seasons at your local video store and catch up, you wont be dissappointed!!!!
Post a Comment