Monday, September 13, 2010

So much for Friday.

Hi. I know I said that I would be back on Friday, but life got in the way, and well, Monday's what I can give you. So, this weekend was great. It's been the most fun I've had in quite some time. Probably because I got to go to the OU/Florida State game. And, well, football is what I do. I went with my mom, and in the smallest of small world stories, the tickets she got happened to be exactly next to the tickets that were given to my step-mom and sister. Whoa. It was fine, really. I lost my voice hollering, like I do. But I'll tell you what, that was some of the best football I've seen my Sooners play. The offence and defense, for the most part, were on top of their game. It was exciting to see the notorious defense show up. There reputation has been proceeding them for quite some time. It was a good day for football.

Sunday, I spent the afternoon helping out my friend Christi. She had her gallbladder removed this past Thursday and needed help with her 4 year old son while she rested. I brought them dinner. I also gave her a spare crock pot, bought the essentials, a pot roast, red potatoes, baby carrots, and some onion soup mix, and set her up for another dinner before I left. :) I'm a good friend to have around. Just sayin. Anyway - she really doesn't have any family here. Her mom and siblings live out of state, and well, she had to rely on her friends to help her out. By Sunday, though, she was feeling a bit better so I watched her son for a few hours while she went up to the college to do her homework. Look, I don't know anything about entertaining 4 year old boys, but he taught me all about Thomas the train. I learned about Thomas, Edward, Rosie, Molly, there were others but I forget now.

I really like helping people when they need it. All in all, it was a good weekend. I hope yours was too.

5 comments:

Christi said...

The roast was delicious and Kymmers is a GREAT friend! I am so glad we met, now if I can just help her get over her fear of stuffed animals the world will be at peace once more....love ya!

Pam said...

The fear of stuffed animals ... oh yes, the fear .....

moi said...

Fall always means football in Moi's household. Which means I get a lot of reading done :o)

But, I can say: Go Sooners! (Well, after Go LSU! that is).

Native Minnow said...

I'm hoping to see some good fall colors this weekend. Wish me luck.

Jenny said...

hello young lady. I hope Fall brings us good football and MORE Kym posts. You are missed.

Are you watching Project Runway? hello??