I bet Buzz will like this. You know, this movie didn't get me like CLERKS. 80's movies are the ones that stuck in my memory bank. Still, good direction for MM.
I never saw this movie because I thought it was a chick flick. If someone had told me Jay and Silent Bob were in it, than things would be different. I would have gone to see it in the theater, had a great time and not gone home ever again - see, different.
I love Kevin Smith. S.B. took me to Clerks on our first date and right then and there I knew he was the man por Moi. And did you see the sequel? The bit where the dweeby clerk justifies his passion for Lord of the Rings? Oh my God. Funniest thing EVER.
Anyway, I thought Chasing Amy was unusually perceptive. He's pretty thoughtful about male/female relationships. When he's not being crude as hell.
I never saw Chasing Amy or Clerks. I believe those both came out when I didn't have time for anything other than work and school. Now I've got plenty of time on my hands. Perhaps I should add both to my Netflix queue.
Troll: Clerks is my favorite Kevin Smith. Chasing Amy isn't too ghey. Not a chick flick, but I can see how some trolls wouldn't care for it.
Boxie: I like the 80's classics too. The Breakfast Club. Dirty Dancing. Top Gun. Love those.
Mom: I bet you'd like it. Sorta Reality Bites-ish.
Auntie: This isn't a "must see" but if there's nothing better on tv at the time, and you catch it, it's a good way to spend a boring Saturday afternoon.
Buzz: Jay and Silent Bob are reason enough to give this one a watch. Not a total chick flick in the general chick flick theme.
Moi: I know exactly the part you are talking about, and I agree, too funny. And SB is awesome for taking you to see a Kevin Smith on the first date. High five to him from me!
Minnow: If you've not seen the Kevin Smith movies, they are definitely worth watching each one once. Go in order though. Not that it matters, but I'm sorta OCD and it would bother me otherwise. But don't let Mall Rats keep you from enjoying the others. Dogma is probably my fave after Clerks. I expect a "book report" after you watch them all. :)
K9: If you catch it on satellite, then give it a go. But you've managed this long without seeing it, so it won't kill you if you never see it. :)
12 comments:
Heard it was pretty ghey. I did enjoy "Clerks" though. Funny in a really coarse way.
Happy Mute Monday!
I bet Buzz will like this. You know, this movie didn't get me like CLERKS. 80's movies are the ones that stuck in my memory bank. Still, good direction for MM.
Never seen it. But Ben looks cute!
Hmmmn...neber seen it, Should I add it to mah list of must see movies?
GOod MM theme!
Happy MM!
I never saw this movie because I thought it was a chick flick. If someone had told me Jay and Silent Bob were in it, than things would be different. I would have gone to see it in the theater, had a great time and not gone home ever again - see, different.
Happy MM!
I love Kevin Smith. S.B. took me to Clerks on our first date and right then and there I knew he was the man por Moi. And did you see the sequel? The bit where the dweeby clerk justifies his passion for Lord of the Rings? Oh my God. Funniest thing EVER.
Anyway, I thought Chasing Amy was unusually perceptive. He's pretty thoughtful about male/female relationships. When he's not being crude as hell.
I never saw Chasing Amy or Clerks. I believe those both came out when I didn't have time for anything other than work and school. Now I've got plenty of time on my hands. Perhaps I should add both to my Netflix queue.
i never saw these movies. my hatred for hollywood began early. but if YOU like it if i ever see it on satellite i will check it out! Happy MM!
Good night Kym,
Sorry haven't seen it, I'm sure it was a fine movie.
Happy Mute Monday!
Troll: Clerks is my favorite Kevin Smith. Chasing Amy isn't too ghey. Not a chick flick, but I can see how some trolls wouldn't care for it.
Boxie: I like the 80's classics too. The Breakfast Club. Dirty Dancing. Top Gun. Love those.
Mom: I bet you'd like it. Sorta Reality Bites-ish.
Auntie: This isn't a "must see" but if there's nothing better on tv at the time, and you catch it, it's a good way to spend a boring Saturday afternoon.
Buzz: Jay and Silent Bob are reason enough to give this one a watch. Not a total chick flick in the general chick flick theme.
Moi: I know exactly the part you are talking about, and I agree, too funny. And SB is awesome for taking you to see a Kevin Smith on the first date. High five to him from me!
Minnow: If you've not seen the Kevin Smith movies, they are definitely worth watching each one once. Go in order though. Not that it matters, but I'm sorta OCD and it would bother me otherwise. But don't let Mall Rats keep you from enjoying the others. Dogma is probably my fave after Clerks.
I expect a "book report" after you watch them all. :)
K9: If you catch it on satellite, then give it a go. But you've managed this long without seeing it, so it won't kill you if you never see it. :)
Karl: twas. twas a fine, fine movie.
Happy MM all!
OMG, I *loved* that movie!!!! Ah....the memories.... :)
HappyMonday!
Awesome choice - love 'Amy.' Jason Lee is hilarious in it . . . I own this one on DVD. Happy MM>
Post a Comment