Apparently I like to fill my head with random crap. I thought I'd share a few examples.
Mondegreens. It started with Manfred Mann and Blinded by the Light. I found out there were a lot more songs that others misunderstand the lyrics.
(well, this week it started with that. My mother might argue that it actually started with The Alan Parsons Project and The Eye in the Sky.)
The 1992 NBA All Star Game. Why? Because I argued with my husband about who won the MVP of that game. When am I going to learn to quit arguing with him? I'm always wrong. It was Magic Johnson, btw.
Negative Calorie Foods. I've decided to make this a big part of my diet. Starting today. :)
Toms Shoes. I NEED these:

The World Disaster Map thingy. This is a really cool site and you need to check it out. Today.
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
It maps all the emergency distress signals at an up to the minute rate. Very cool.
Oklahoma City Victory Dolls. It's a local Roller Derby team. And I wanna play. I've got to research this more. I'm so down for this.
Have a good week, y'all. I'll be back for MM. The theme is White. (I think.)
9 comments:
Ha. This is a good idea for a post & it's probably fun to remind yourself what interested you that week. Cool shoes - look like genie slippers or something. :) And that's right about Johnson - wasn't that the year he came back and played? Have a great weekend . . .
I google a lot of things over the course of a week, but the ones I can think of off the top of my head are as follows:
"Migratory Shorebirds and Predation" so that I could show a friend a recent Science paper I'd read that I thought she'd be interested in.
"Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution" so I could show someone a paper I have in press.
"Clem Snide" so I could figure out if they had a new album out.
"How to cure the common cold" so I could make fun of someone who thought it could be done.
"Sound of science Beastie Boys" so I could make sure I had the lyrics right for today's blog post (I did)
"Shah Rukh Kahn" because someone said they thought I looked like him, not Bill Clinton (apparently he's a big Bollywood actor)
All practical stuff until today when I googled "Mississippi Escort Service". I then posted AS the prostitute at 2 Buck's blog.
Hoping people will click on it and get busted! Grrherhahahahhahahaha!
I joooleeee July.
Cocaine Nosejob.
~~~~~~
I rest my case.
Uh, doan buck yore mama--I reckon when she rests her case she has a case.
Ya din't like us to them negative calorie foods. Cute shoes.
Whats an NBA...Oh, never mind, you do know that every time you remember something trivial you forget something else don't you?!
I love Googling crap...but try not to remember any of it
For years, and this was long before Google, I'd entertain myself at parties by asking guests to guess the lyrics to Blinded by the Light.
Those shoes are tres, tres cute.
So, I thought I'd ask you and your mom: S.B. and I are thinking of running the Lake McMurtry Trail Run first Sat. in April. You all ever been there? Pretty or no?
Moi: I was asked by the Kymster to stop by and answer your question. I haven't been to Lake McMurtry since 1976when I was probably inebriated at a college party. I'm sure it probably looks great now as it probably has been developed (considering they are hosting runs). It is one of the lakes local to Stillwater, home of the OSU Cowboys. And if you go to Stillwater, you MUST go eat at Eskimo Joe's, which is the popular college hangout. This area is about 90 minutes north and east of OKC, easy to get to. This would a fairly rural area.
I haven't actually heard of this trail run but will ask some runners I know about it. Also in April should be the OKC Memorial Marathon which is probably more well known. I don't know how popular it is but me and Kymmie can come hand off water bottles to you if needed!
Cool, Pam, thanks! We're trying to decide if we want to do this one or one in Utah. I'll let you know and maybe we can touch base!
Post a Comment