Some people broke into this stranded beer truck and stole the beer.
Idiot bikini girl.
This gets a day-um!
This poor car caught fire and burned right up.
I really hope someone wasn't in there.
Awww. Pretty cardinal.
This was similar to my experience trying to get home.
Creepy face.
Brilliant.
I think this one was hungover.I guess I'll have to wait for the next blizzard.
Perfect Proposal.
A semi lost its load. Those are PS3's.
Another one buried.
Yeah, I felt this way too.
Perfect Proposal.
A semi lost its load. Those are PS3's.
Another one buried.
Yeah, I felt this way too.But, here's proof it can be done.
I saw a ton of cars on their sides for 2 days.
Snow Waves.
This one was titled "Snow Hoe."
I saw a ton of cars on their sides for 2 days.
Snow Waves.
This one was titled "Snow Hoe."










14 comments:
whoa...what an entertaining photo essay. i thoroughly enjoyed that from my very warm bed. wow. thats some serious snow. i had a few flurries this morning and it is 17 degrees right now but im not in mortal danger on the highway. im glad you made it to 2010 looks like it was sketchy there....
This is what happened to us last year...... major snow and ice. This year? A balmy 48 and rain. I'll take rain over snow. Great pictures and I hope your New Year was peaceful compared to Christmas Eve.
Bwahahahahha.... I can't help it...
Oh, Hai K9.
K9: enjoy your cozy bed. and your 17 degrees. We've got more snow forecasted for Wednesday - Friday. Great.
Boxie: I think I'd take rain over snow any day as well. My NYE was pretty peaceful - spent it playing nurse to my husband who had surgery the day before. Not bad at all.
Oh wow! this is so strange to us Aussies. We dont even get snow here, let alone a blizzard. It's the middle of summer here in South Aust and it's been a week of temps over 100deg.
I'd kinda like to see what this is like...but I know I wouldn't like it
Flashback! I love the snowman massacre -- much like Calvin & Hobbes cartoons ... very creative. There is a good snowman in your neighborhood by the way, very tall.
That's one mighty snow storm right there. The snowman massacre photos are hilarious; others, not so much. I have experience with just about every kind of blizzard condition and it's only ever fun if you can stay housebound with plenty to eat, drink, and do for the duration. I'm glad neither your nor anyone you know was injured and here's to a dry beginning for 2010! Enjoy your Sunday and see you for Mute Monday!
Wow. Great pictures and a nice tribute to the people of OK who kept their spirits (and senses of humor) up.
Wow, Kym, you make me miss living in the midwest soooo much! NOT! Moi is right, snow like this is only good if you've hunkered down with loads of supplies.
Lurve the snowman massacre! And the light post photo, very pretty! Yes, bikini girl is an idiot, there is always one...I don't envy you one bit and have not had to live in the snow since '93 when I moved from Chicago to Sydney after realizing I can't do what I want 6 mos. out of every year = half my life!
And it's only Jan.......!
Yeow!
Kymmie, chile' when I adopted ya back a few posts (fer yore comments on FIshy's Blowfish post) I meant it--git yoreself down heah in the sunshine!!
So, ah, that proposal in the snow? THe intended replied (in the snow) "Yes, but only if we live in FLorida!"
Amazin' photos-- but, what do ya pack in yore buggy fer snow emergencies? I box of granola? some of them chemical (uh, Kymical) footan hand warmers? books on tape?
3 hours on the interstate??? I'de be a snowman maself by that time.
Yore New YEar's Resolution is to move, where?
Kymmie!!
Sugar, I jes' read back'easrds to yore Christmas Eve post--dear angels in heaven!
Mah heart was in mah throat even tho I knowed all was well cause ya posted after that -but mercy!
Yore miraculous policeman? Oh, he simply had his wings tucked under his coat.
Yup, this reminds me of why I'm glad I don't live in areas that get blizzards anymore. Again, I'm glad you made it home safely through all of that.
Geez Louise, I just read the post before too, thank God you got home ok. But it reminds me of something that I think many of us take for granted: to be prepared and dress properly when we leave in times of inclement weather! So many times when I lived in the snow, I would not dress all that warmly thinking, Oh, I'm just in my car and going into the office. Yikes. And I would keep my gas topped up too, what would have happened if you had run out of petrol? I shudder to think. Glad that policeman showed up and was able to push you out and you got home safely.
PS: I hate when people drive too fast for conditions too. Used to happen in L.A. all the time when it rained.
Good morning Kym,
I had a meeting on New Year's eve with a fellow who was involved in the I40 fiasco, he refused to even talk about it.
That last shot it's pretty neat.
Kym, sorry to be a stranger. Love the photo essay. Great snow shots and a hell of a storm! Glad you made it home safely. -31 on my way to work this morning. Brr.
Post a Comment