Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another reason why the OSU Cowboys are lame.

I'm trying to contain my giggles. It's proving not to be so easy.

For years, the pre-game song for OSU has been Aerosmith’s 'Back in the Saddle.' I don't make it a habit to attend OSU games, but I'm pretty sure that song has done a great job of getting the fans fired up for their games. Good for them. What ever gets the Poke's guns a blazin is fine by me.

Now, the head honchos up in Orange country went out and hired some dude from Texas to write a new pre-game song. OSU fans aren't happy about it. (Excuse me as I continue to snicker.)

The song is really lame. You can find it here, but be warned, that you may vomit from the cheesiness factor.

Anyway, the whole reason why I would taint my blog with anything about OSU is because if this video. There is only a blurb from the new song in it, but these sub-titles had me laughing my obnoxious laugh. And that isn't pleasant for anyone. But this video is definitely worth it.




11 comments:

Linzy with a Z said...

hahaha i love this

Milk River Madman said...

Wow, that song is Gary without the "r". I've seen that video done to a lot of stuff and this one is as funny as any of them. "prarie wind torches our skin, what does that even mean?" Absolute classic!

Pam said...

It isn't even ironically camp like Rick effing Astley!!!! Oh orange power, this song is much more tangerine.

Kymical Reactions said...

Linzy: It's so priceless, it should be a mastercard commercial.

Milky: This song can't get any football team pumped up. It's a classic case of "What were they thinking?!"

Mom: I guess we can say they got 'Rick Rolled.' Gerrrherrrhahahahahahhaaahaha!

2 Dollar Productions said...

I missed this story completely. Last thing I heard about OSU was that Gundy was worried that a pre-game handshake requirement might turn into a brawl against Georgia. Gundy is a putz, but their team should be pretty good this year. Ready for it all to begin this weekend. Will be watching OU, though not rooting for them. :)

h said...

That angry Hitler Video gets around. There's a GATOR one too. I stupidly ignored your warning and played that "football anthem". Did you know he wrote an equally ghey song for the theme of the "Big 12 Conference?

It's called "Live Your Dreams".

Kymical Reactions said...

2$ - I do think this will be the best year for OSU in a long time. Root for BYU if you want to, but you will lose.

Troll - He wrote a Big XII song too? Please excuse me while I vomit.

Mike G. - yeah, yeah, we know. You're 40. But I don't know many other 40 year old men still working the Bart Simpson hair do. Hold on to your youth, Mike. Hold on tight.

Mike ( Testesterone Torpedo) Gundy said...

In case, I didn't make it clear, I AM A MAN! A 41 year-old MAN!

Jenny said...

I love that you love football so much. And not only do you love it, you clearly know your stuff.

Heff said...

That little tune couldn't motivate ANYBODY to kick ass !

Native Minnow said...

I'm just excited that it's football season again