This past Wednesday I was at the gym doing my thang. I like to use the balance ball thingy, to do do crunches and such. I can't quite pin point when it happened, but either during the crunches or the side bends (with 10lb weights) I pulled a muscle in my lower back and I've been in pain ever since.
You know that pain you get when you have a crick in your neck? That sharp jolt you get when you twist your head? It's sort of like that, but constant. But I still get a jolt whenever I make a turn either direction. I seem to have developed a case of sudden turrets. There's been so much cussing coming out of my mouth, you'd have thought I've joined the Navy.
It's not too bad in the morning when I first get out of bed. As I start to move around, however, the pain just comes back. The heating pad has helped some. I've been sleeping with it at night in the spare bedroom. My cat tries to fight me for heating pad rights. He sleeps under the covers with me anyways, but he's been trying to scoot me over by pressing all of his feet into my back. Dumb cat.
Anyhow, Any suggestions on muscle pain relief for the lower back? There isn't much inflammation, but the area is really hot to the touch. Owie.
3 comments:
I sorry. But was glad to see you yesterday. Your art projects was really cute. And I posted some kitty pics and a bit of kitty drama just for you.
Kym,
Swimming is the best exercise to stretch the affected muscle groups.... a muscle cell which is stretched cannot contract (spasm) . Best done in a pool at therapeutic temps.
Missed this one, but it is something I have experience with. If you're still having trouble, continue treating it with the heating pad. You'll also want to take ibuprofen to reduce swelling. If that doesn't help, you may need to get a doctor to prescribe you some muscle relaxers. The combination of anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxers and heat almost always clears it up for me within a day or two.
Post a Comment