It's just a jump to the left... Loved this movie when I was growing up and went drunk to many a midnight showing with all of the props (toast, water pistols, lighter). Never went the last mile an dressed in drag (as far as you know) but I thought about it. Is that last pic a broadway production?
Buzz Kill and I may have been at the same theater at the same time...... we threw rice during the weddding scene, etc/etc. What fun and this movie STILL is great to watch, 30 years later. Tim Curry is still amazing, even today.
Great pick. Now I want to watch this again. Sitting on my couch of course. :-)
OMG, this brings back memories! For years in high school, I would sneak out of my room on a monthly basis to go watch this with friends. I think I know the screenplay/lyrics by heart. Thanks for this :o)
Went to my only RHPS in 1981 and had no idea what the hell it was. It was the same night that I tried to pass a fake ID at Pizza Hut in Billings. Sigh. Those were the days. Susan Sarandon was hot back then.
10 comments:
It's just a jump to the left... Loved this movie when I was growing up and went drunk to many a midnight showing with all of the props (toast, water pistols, lighter). Never went the last mile an dressed in drag (as far as you know) but I thought about it. Is that last pic a broadway production?
Happy MM!
Very original take. He was hilarious in "Clue".
Happy Mute Monday!
Buzz Kill and I may have been at the same theater at the same time...... we threw rice during the weddding scene, etc/etc. What fun and this movie STILL is great to watch, 30 years later. Tim Curry is still amazing, even today.
Great pick. Now I want to watch this again. Sitting on my couch of course. :-)
Happy Mute Monday!
Smart take on this MM> I've never seen this movie in one sitting, but always marvel that Tim Curry & Susan Sarandon were part of it. Happy MM.
OMG, this brings back memories! For years in high school, I would sneak out of my room on a monthly basis to go watch this with friends. I think I know the screenplay/lyrics by heart. Thanks for this :o)
A good mother would never have let you watch this movie growing up. **sigh** Happy Mute Monday! Your post rocks!
Went to my only RHPS in 1981 and had no idea what the hell it was. It was the same night that I tried to pass a fake ID at Pizza Hut in Billings. Sigh. Those were the days. Susan Sarandon was hot back then.
Susan S prolly cringes when she sees it now--hehehe.
Great theme--very unexpected.
Happy MM!
I love it. I had a date show up at my house one time dressed for RH. But we were going to a Spanish class dinner. ;-)
Happy Mute Monday.
Good Lord. I haven't seen that movie in AGES, and plan to keep it that way !
Post a Comment