The better series would have been the Laker's and the Cavalier's. Kobe vs. Lebron. But it wasn't meant to be. However, throughout the playoffs and finals there has been a series of commercials running that I just happen to think are hilarious. It's a puppet of Lebron and Kobe hanging out, playing video games, basketball and what ever else it is that near superhuman athletes do. This one is the long version (1:32) of my favorite:
I crack up every time.
I've also decided that from this point forward I will only buy 'Forever Stamps.' I don't mind paying the 2 cents extra postage, but I hate that I had to buy several sheets of 2 cent stamps to make up the difference. I only want to have to peel and stick once! Is that too much to ask? I don't know why it bothers me. It just does.
I'm going to Tulsa tonight with some best girlfriends to see a show. I'm excited about hanging out and having a good time, and to celebrate the birthday of one of them. It's been years since I've been to Tulsa. It's the Paris of the Midwest, you know. I'll let you know later how it goes. There are bound to be interesting photos that are taken. (now, I know how some of you feel about girls who go out and take pics to post on their facebook pages.... I can't help it. I don't let my inner girly girl out very often, and well, she really likes to take pictures when she's with her friends!)
It's been sooo freaking hot here this week. Nearly reaching 100 the past few days. I don't mind the heat and all, but when it's mixed in with the humidity it can be brutal. I just always feel like I am melting, and that's gross. I get the feeling that it is going to be one heck of a hott summer, and I know I will be cussing my mom for moving away from her soothing pool. I don't know anyone else with a pool now. That makes me a bit sad.
I wish there was a first time home-owners manual. I wish that in that manual the first chapter was "Nothing is Ever Finished." Holy crap, ya'll. We moved in January and the living room is still not completely put together. I still have to find some wall art, a table lamp, get some pictures ordered and framed, among several other things. Just this past weekend we finally got a dresser, bed and mattress for the guest room. Now I have to find bedding and another lamp and something to hang on the wall in there too. We need to get the garage door fixed. There is still another bedroom to furnish. Tell me, all you seasoned home owners, does it ever end???
I can't keep the dadgum flies from eating my poor dog's ears. I need suggestions about what to do to keep them off. There are huge raw spots and the flies migrate to those spots. I have some stuff called Bronco that is for Equine, but I was told that it will work for dogs too. I spray it on her and it will repel the flies for a while, but a day or so later they are back with a vengeance. I don't spray that stuff on her ears because I know it will burn. (I made that mistake once and my poor Lexie ran all over the yard, head and ears to the ground trying to make it stop burning.)
I've put neosporin on them, but it still doesn't keep the flies off. Anyone have any tips?
13 comments:
Call this man - he knows how to deal with flys.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/17/peta-wishes-obama-hadnt-s_n_217162.html
I miss the pool too. **sigh** but only 3 months out of the year so far.
Aw, poor pup! I never heard of such a thing happening. Maybe a temporary cap or bandanna? Have you called your vet? On a good note: Tulsa is, indeed, a gem of a city. Have fun!
Have a wonderful with your women in "Paris" - it sounds as if you've earned a few days of R&R. As for your poor dog, I have no ideas either, but Moi makes some good suggestions.
Come back with pictures.
try some skin so soft from avon. you can order it on ebay if you dont have a local avon lady. tulsa is the paris of the midwest. please post your pictures here not my space i dont go there. im too old.
you know theres lots of interesting art to buy that is original. i dont know your budget but youd be amazed what you can get. i also like to look around at flea markets for things not necessarily meant for walls but make great decor. and is it ever finished? i hope not. designing a home is a process and its fun so dont worry just let it happen in its own time.
have fun.
your dog is so beautiful.
i meant put the skin so soft on the dog. just pour some into your hands and rub them together and then run hands over dogs ears. if that doesnt work try "flowers of sulfur" it'll work, but it'll stink.
If it's not a hundred degrees out, I think it's too cold for the pool. That's what living in Vegas for too long will do to you.
Lots going on . . . first, have a good time at the show, I can feel you on the heat (same temps in Austin), definitely buy forever stamps for the reasons you mentioned and good luck with the dog. Have a good weekend.
Kym,
You covered a lot of territory in this post!
Have a great trip to the Paris of the Midwest
Er.................why is Tulsa the mecca?
On the house....this is suppose to be a FUN
process and no it will never be done. Truth is most of us do not "love" the same things in our homes as 20 somethings as we do as 3o somethings and so on. Also our budgets hopefully keep pace with our tastes.
DEFINE your objective, DEFINE the necessary components to achieve the objective, DEFINE which components should be new and which need not be. ( as a designer I often recommend folks buy new seating but casegoods, accessories and art can all be vintage, or estate sale or even flea market finds that just need a little sprucing up or re-purposed.)
You might enjoy these two websites:
www.pointclickhome.com
www.thefind.com
I will however mention it is good to set parameters. I tell Mermaid this little quote,
" The difference between a dream and a goal is a timeline and an action plan".
On the dog issue. Do you have a citronella plant? You can crush leaves in your hands and then rub the natural citronella oil on your BEAUTIFUL dogs ears. Also, at the barn we hang "fly sticks" we get at a Tractor Supply Store and they do work.
I give NOT A DAMN about basketball, but I hear ya about the "Forever Stamps". Is there REALLY even a point to still buy regular stamps, if they're gonna keep releasing forever stamps !?
Guy Code Mag: I’ll pass thanks. I don’t want to be one of those people who think the President will solve all my problems free of charge.
Mom: I say get that extra lot. Plenty of room for a pool then!
Moi: I had a blast in Tulsa with the girls, thanks. My vet isn’t much help. I think I need a new vet. I also think Lexus would find a way out of a hat or bandana before I made it back into the house.
Boxer: The pictures turned out lame. I need a better camera.
K9: OH! That is a good Idea and I will definitely give it a go. I will see if I can get some ASAP. I have heard of people using it when they go camping and such – why wouldn’t it work for a dog??
Minnow: How hot does it have to be for you to get in the pool? I’ve heard Vegas is a dry heat. It’s a much much different story when the humidity gets involved. Yuk.
2$: I know you feel the pain too. I fear it’s going to be unbareable very soon. That’s what happens when Mother Nature skips spring.
Fishy: Thanks for the tips on the house. My problem is that I have champagne taste and a beer budget. And in the extra bedroom it’s a space issue. The room is only 8x10. Teeny tiny. The queen bed and dresser fill it up. And I was extremely surprized at how difficult it is to get a full size bed these day. I think I will give the cirtonella and the fly sticks a try too. Happy weekend!
Heff: sorry you don't dig the basketball. The forever stamp is the best ticket in town.
Kym,
I don't know what to do about your dog but that is a good looking animal.
Vaseline or unscented skin-so-soft lotion. Don't just put on the ears. All over.
Post a Comment