He's from Seattle, and he's seen around town ... hard to miss with the hair and eye patch. The Glass Musuem in Tacoma is something to see and because of Chihuly, art glass is big business... not just for him but for the students at his school, Pilchuck. He made baseball bats for the stadium and they are AMAZING to look at when entering the ball park.
16 comments:
That is some great glass work. I espescially like the boat but I wonder who gets to clean it?
Happy MM!
Wow! What beautiful visionary stuff. I wasn't even sure what they were at first.
Happy Mute Monday!
His stuff is crazy gorgeous. But the thought of all that crashing down? Let's hope there aren't any earthquakes in Tacoma! Happy MM!
He's from Seattle, and he's seen around town ... hard to miss with the hair and eye patch. The Glass Musuem in Tacoma is something to see and because of Chihuly, art glass is big business... not just for him but for the students at his school, Pilchuck. He made baseball bats for the stadium and they are AMAZING to look at when entering the ball park.
I saw his exhibit in SF last summer - awesome. I have my own pics of several of the ones you posted too. Nice work. Happy MM>
Very colorful, and very cool. I, however, wouldn't want to be the one responsible for dusting any of those pieces.
Beautiful!
Wowweeeeee. Very nice.
happy mute monday!
WOW!
Exquisite vision in glass. Love them green calla lily thangs.
We seen a exhibition here --could a spent a week lookin'...terrific stuff.
Happy MM (a day late)
How gorgeous! I've never seen anything like these before. I'd hate to have to do all the dusting...
Chihuly!!!! Just reading about that museum in posts above ... we should go!
they are awesome arent they? cost chihully one of his eyes. grherhaha to Kiki. we had an exhibit of these at our botanical gardens. i loved it.
What brilliant colors!
Late coming by, but I made it :)
Damn, is it Monday again already ?!?!?!
Hey you! Mute Monday misses you and so do I.
I absolutely love the OKC exhibit, I could lie down under that ceiling for hours and just soak it up.
Post a Comment