Monday, June 1, 2009

Culinary Throwdown Challenge - Best Drunk and Hungover food.

It's that time again. It's Chef Troll's Culinary Throwdown Challenge. This time it's all about The Drunk Food. I thought one of the best things to eat (besides the Taco Bell drive through) is fish sticks. Fast and Easy and yummy when you're drunk. Just the way I like it.


I have to make sure all the fish sticks face the same way on the pan.
I have slight obsessive compulsive tendencies.


12-15 minutes later and you have a tasty, fishy treat.

All you need is some ketchup for your fish sticks and a 7-Up to stop the hangover before it starts. :D


Now, if fish sticks aren't your thing, then another quick and easy yummyscrumptious meal
is the Shish kabab. Let me introduce you to the players.

The onion and the pepper.


Chop 'em up into bite size pieces.


Get yourself some cherry tomatoes.


(this picture is just here for visual effect, and because I like to say cherry.)


You need some beef (or tofu for my vegetarian blogger friends) I used a thin cut sirloin, and sliced into bits. It's important to note here that if you are already intoxicated to be extremely careful with sharp objects.

Get yourself some skewers...



and assemble the kabob.
I went beef, onion, pepper, tomato, repeat.
But feel free to pick your own order.
I suppose you could also use what ever ingredients you want,
but this is all I had in the fridge last night.

Once assembled, place the kabobs on the grill. Also note here that if you have already consumed several alcoholic beverages to use caution around fire. :)

Let them sizzle on the grill for about 7 - 10 minutes. The sirloin cooks quite quickly when it's been sliced in bits. Just be careful when you take them off the grill because the
skewer is flamin hot. But once you get them in the house they won't last long.
Cook enough for 2 or for a whole party.

13 comments:

Bear said...

You've hit on a couple of favourites with me, Kym.

Although... I think I'm more OC than you are... I would not only have all the fish fingers (as they're called in Aus) lined up correctly in the oven, they would also need to be lined up perfectly on the plate too.

I use bamboo skewers soaked in water for my kebabs (kabobs), not so hot to handle but you do need to use thinner cuts to ensure that they cook through, as the kebabs don't get the benefit of heat coming from the metal skewer.

Kebabs and beer... mmmmm you've just helped me decide what's for tea tonight.

Cheers.

Pam said...

I guess Aussies say "tea" (meaning dinner) just like those darn Brits, eh???

Surely my child never had a hangover, did she? Oh wait, there was that first time I recall when Jim fed you Aussie wine coolers. Now there's a granddad for you!

h said...

Those kabobs look mouthwateringly delicious when you expand the pic. But, you're right, if you're already drunk, the fish sticks are a safer option.

Thanks for Playing!

Guy Code Magazine said...

7-Up and Heinz would like to thank you for the product placement.

Milk River Madman said...

Kym,

Just watched the "fishstick" episode of South Park and can't stop laughing. Don't really have a hangover cure but when I was in college nothing tasted better on a Saturday morning than a Coke from McDonalds. I miss college.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Shish Kebobs look great . . . think the fish sticks would taste great and then have their revenge after sitting in your stomach for awhile. Ha.

moi said...

Fish sticks! Love 'em. Sober, even.

Heff said...

The fish sticks cracked me up, but you certainly CAN'T go wrong with Kabobs !

LaDivaCucina said...

I'm getting hungrier and hungrier looking at these posts! I haven't had a fish stick for years but my ex-husband lived on them so maybe that's why?

Loooove the kebabs! Love dinner when it's all on one stick! yeah!

Jenny said...

Fast and tasty, that's the way I like to cook too. Fish sticks.... hmmmmm.... LOVE with tartar sauce and tator tots and.... dang it, now I'm really hungry for grease. Great kabobs too! Good pictures.

Native Minnow said...

Wow. I haven't eaten fish sticks in years. Know why? I don't like fish sticks in my mouth, because I'm not a gay fish*.





*To steal a joke from South Park

SophieMae said...

Hey, I thought sbout kebabs - pork or chicken souvlaki - but was too lazy. They look great! I did use ketchup and 7-Up, though, lol.

Linzy with a Z said...

Those kabobs look amazing!