They all seemed to thank each other in a congratulatory manner by blaring their whistles as long as they possibly could. Each train, in an effort to celebrate the united arrival, took turns running up and down the tracks, whistles blowing, all. night. long.
This caused a severe lack of sleep, and an increased homicidal thoughts by yours truly. I believe the last whistle was heard around 2am. I personally think there should be train traveling mandates about the time in which trains are allowed to travel. Like at the airport. No planes between 11pm and 6am. Train Engineers... it would be much appreciated if you obliged by the same traveling hours.

Finally. Finally, I went to sleep. I dreamed about trains.

Finally. Finally, I went to sleep. I dreamed about trains.
7 comments:
Bless your heart! Loved the comical post though! Hopefully the trains won't meet up again tonight and you will be able to get some much needed zzz's
Hmmm. Well. Just this week I was handed a map of all the train lines in Oklahoma. So I pulled it out of the pile of papers on the credenza and looked up the one that runs by your house. It is the BNSF and runs all the way through the state N/S. Maybe you should contact them? Start a neighborhood petition? Not sure it would help. Probably easier for them to run during hte night instead of day, so traffic isn't stopped. I'm sorry. You can come sleep at my house if you want. :(
My brother used to live near some train tracks. I moved in with him for a few months when my ex-wife and I split up. I never got used to hearing those train whistles in the middle of the night.
See, this is what happens when math is allowed to rule the world. Friggin' math.
my brother lived near tracks in college and when he finally moved to a quiet place,
HE couldn't sleep.
Grrrherhahahahahaahaha. Peter is a troll jeenyes!
Linzy - Excedrin pm has been my saving grace lately. I can even sleep through the husbands snores. sometimes.
Mom - they aren't bad all the time. Just every once in a while. It's like its a train party.
Minnow - we've been in our house since the first of the year... it was really annoying at first, we barely notice them now. Except when they have the train party.
Moi - friggin math, indeed! I haven't used a distance/time equation in real life, ever.
Boxer... what a shame. I hope moving away from trains will be the best thing that ever happens to my sleep.
Chef - that Peter, what a character he is...
Post a Comment