So ... I'm pretty lame today and have nothing smart to blog about. All I could think of is famous people from my neck of the woods. Some are funny, some are scary, some I'm proud of, and some well, not so much. I'd like to know some famous people from your state.













15 comments:
I new most of them but there were a few suprises! Cute post :)
so putting the names would have been a nice!!! but i do like me some blake!!!
ooops. Here are the names same order as the pics.
Gary Busey, Sam Walton - Inventor of Wal-Mart, Ron Howard, Pretty Boy Floyd, Mickey Mantle, Kristen Chenoweth, The great Johnny Bench, Joan Crawford, James Marsden, Chuck Norris, Carrie Underwood, Bobby Murcer, and Blake Shelton.
Glad you avoided the cliche ones -- Reba and Garth and **sigh** Vince. Fun post. Love me some Blake too.
PS - I know where you swiped that photo of Sam Walton ;)
I didn't know any except Mantle and Mercer. Poor Bobby Mercer got labeled "The Next Mickey Mantle" as a rookie. Tough tag to live up to.
Chef - just a tid bit. Bobby Murcer was about the nicest person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. His family has done a lot over the years to help support the NPO I work for. Actually, I work with his father-in-law. It was tough around here when he passed away.
James Marsden is so, so pretty.
We have famous folks who LIVE here: Shirley Maclaine, Julia Roberts, Val Kilmer, Marsha Mason, Ali McGraw, but I'm struggling to think of some who were actually born 'n' raised in Nuevo Mexico. Huh. Good inspiration for a post . . .
KMW,
Amen, he was a fine man. If he'd been from Montana or whatever the idiot NYC media wouldn't have unfairly compared him to Mantle.
And he'd have been evaluated as a ballplayer for what he was. A very good (but not gifted) smart player who played the game the right way.
You know your step-dad has a big ol' crush on Kristin Chenoweth, right? At least when she was on Pushing Daisies ...
well, she is as cute as a button. She's just a teeny little blonde with a really big voice and, uh, a really big rack. What's not to like?
I LOVE Kristin Chenoweth - I've been watching Pushing Daisies on DVD and she has "star power".
We have Ted Bundy from our state. Nice,huh?
Kim,
I have that exact picture of Bench, signed, framed and matted in my house. I'm also somewhat obsessed with the number 5 as that was his number. Troll, why the shot at Montana? Is it because of the Unabomber and Custer? Neither were from here BTW.
I didn't realize that Chuck Norris & Gary Busey were local, although I don't think I'd claim Busey as I believe he's clinically insane. Ha.
Boxer - Kristin is wonderful. I love her cd album from Wicked.
Mikly - I think Chef Troll was just throwing out another state other than OK. Could have easily been FL.
2$ - Scary Gary is more entertaining than anything else. whacko! I didn't know ole Chuck Norris was a native either - until I googled 'famous Oklahoman's'.
Post a Comment