Kim, I have Pitt beating OU and then beating Memphis and I don't know anything about college BB. I also don't have a dog in this fight. Based my pics on a guy a heard on Dan Patrick's radio show.
Milk - I just can’t bet against OU. I'm a diehard fan and it would almost like traitorous if I did. I realize that when it comes to the final 4 and final 2 I probably have it wrong. My gut feeling is that Memphis will take it all. But I would never say that out loud.
Mom - (how did you get your name thing to change... that's awesome!) Now, if OU were not in the tourney, I would have the Pokes as my pick for sure. It just turns out they are in a bracket with a bunch of teams who are better than they are. OU sorta got lucky in their bracket. I always want the Pokes to do well, just not at the expense of my Sooners. xoxoxox.
AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am following the scores on espn.com. It's flippin round 1 and Memphis is behind by 6! This is going to screw up my entire bracket. It will be a waste. Come on MEMPHIS!!!! YOU GOT THIS! THIS IS WHAT YOU DO!!! 10 MINUTES TO GO. GET IT TOGETHER!!!
I'm stressing out so bad and I am not even watching the game live! I'm reading play by plays! I've got issues!
SCRATCH that last comment! I am 3 for 3! I must have been overwhelmed with the good news of Memphis turning it around, that I read the LSU/Butler score wrong.
Welp - day one isn't over, there is a nail-biter going on between Illinois and Western Kentucky. I've picked Illinois to win, but it isn't looking like that will happen.
My record for the first day of round 1 is 14 of 16 if Illinois goes down. The other one I missed was Clemson/Michigan. I had Clemson and Michigan out played their pants off.
I'll be back tomorrow for the second day of round 1! Good night, sleep tight.
That is some hometown picking if I've ever seen it. Ha. I think I have OU making it to the Sweet 16 or maybe Elite 8 . . . And I got 15 out of 16 right yesterday.
Moi - I used to like LSU. But when the beat us for a national football championship, I was bitter for a while. Then, when they hired Les Miles as their football coach... I threw up in my mouth a little. I loathe that guy.
2$ - what can I say? I'm a Sooner girl to the bone and it would be blaspheme to choose someone else. Now, my good sense tells me that UNC will stomp the daylights out of OU and will then proceed to meet Memphis in the finals. Memphis wins. But, I'll never, ever say that out loud!
Congrats on going 15 for 16. Who was your wrong pick?
UPDATE: Round 1 Day 2 The first 8 games today I am 7 for 8. WV dropped the ball. No pun intended.
Boxer: dang right I'm hardcore! And this is nuthin compared to college football season!
Minnow: I almost didn't do a bracket either. I waited until Tuesday night to finally fill one out. I figured I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't.
Milk: Good job in your brackets for not following college bball! And have a good time four-wheeling this weekend. We have 75 degrees all weekend. I'm hitting the bike trails.
I missed the Michigan-Clemson game, but yesterday (last 4 games of the day) screwed me royally as those two overtime games might have cost me as I fell to 3rd place in the pool & it will probably be worse from here. Oh well, now I can just enjoy the games. And I checked & had OU making it N. Carolina & then losing. SOrry. Ha.
Alright Kim, I have 12 left in one bracket and 13 in another and I'm not even close to winning either pool.
The NCAA did a nice job on seedint this year IMO. 14 teams seeded 4th or higher. One fifth and one 12th and AZ is better than a 12 seed anyway. I'll be riding in the ass deep snow this weekend in Island Park, ID but will have fun watching in between.
Whelp - after a long basketball filled weekend, I'm here to make an update to how I did.
The first round I went 25/32. Not to shabby. The Midwest totally ate my lunch, though. I went 4/8 in that region. I'm perfect in the West, and lost 2 in the South and 1 in the East.
Now the 2nd round I went 14/16. (picking the winner correctly, even though I didn't have the right opponent in 4 games. The Arizona/Cleveland St. game I had wrong all together.) Second round I was perfect in the West and the South.
My Sweet 16 is still intact with the exception of Arizona in the Midwest and Xavier in the East.
All in all, things are looking good - and I just can't wait until Thursday!
I didn't do a bracket for the 10th consecutive year but I'm not ashamed. Looks like your picks have done well. The guys from PTI agreed that Oklahoma has the best player in the nation. They hardly ever agree.
Monstrous Charles Barkley type player. Forgot his name.
Chef - no harm in not doing a bracket, I guess. I love PTI but I HATE that they stuck Tony Kornheiser on Monday Night Football. He's a little bit of an idiot.
Anyway - Blake Griffin is whose name escaped you. He's pretty much amazing. If you go back to look at my MM when the theme was MARCH, there are several pics of him on that post.
22 comments:
This is as big as I could get the bracket to show up on the blog. If you care enough about my pics, just click the pic to make it bigger.
This is why I love March. I'm giddy.
Kim, I have Pitt beating OU and then beating Memphis and I don't know anything about college BB. I also don't have a dog in this fight. Based my pics on a guy a heard on Dan Patrick's radio show.
If you click on the pic it shows up big in a new screen. You just can't bet on The Pokes, can you??? hehe. Oh well, Go SOoners! Go Cowboys!!!
Milk - I just can’t bet against OU. I'm a diehard fan and it would almost like traitorous if I did. I realize that when it comes to the final 4 and final 2 I probably have it wrong. My gut feeling is that Memphis will take it all. But I would never say that out loud.
Mom - (how did you get your name thing to change... that's awesome!) Now, if OU were not in the tourney, I would have the Pokes as my pick for sure. It just turns out they are in a bracket with a bunch of teams who are better than they are. OU sorta got lucky in their bracket. I always want the Pokes to do well, just not at the expense of my Sooners. xoxoxox.
AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am following the scores on espn.com. It's flippin round 1 and Memphis is behind by 6! This is going to screw up my entire bracket. It will be a waste. Come on MEMPHIS!!!! YOU GOT THIS! THIS IS WHAT YOU DO!!! 10 MINUTES TO GO. GET IT TOGETHER!!!
I'm stressing out so bad and I am not even watching the game live! I'm reading play by plays! I've got issues!
Whew! Way to hang in there Memphis! What a nail-biter.
So far, of 3 games played, 2 went my way.
Memphis over Cal St. Northridge 81-70
Texas A&M over BYU 79-66
And I choose this one incorrectly.
Butler over LSU 75-71.
SCRATCH that last comment!
I am 3 for 3! I must have been overwhelmed with the good news of Memphis turning it around, that I read the LSU/Butler score wrong.
Flip that switch - LSU over Butler 75-71.
W00t me!
update!
UConn over Chattanooga 103-47
Purdue over N. Iowa 61-56
Maryland over Cal 84-71
UNC over Radford 101-58
I had 'em all. so far 7 for 7.
Welp - day one isn't over, there is a nail-biter going on between Illinois and Western Kentucky. I've picked Illinois to win, but it isn't looking like that will happen.
My record for the first day of round 1 is 14 of 16 if Illinois goes down. The other one I missed was Clemson/Michigan. I had Clemson and Michigan out played their pants off.
I'll be back tomorrow for the second day of round 1! Good night, sleep tight.
Oh, hon, I can't even begin to comment on this post. My spousal unit, he graduated from LSU. 'Nuf said :o)
That is some hometown picking if I've ever seen it. Ha. I think I have OU making it to the Sweet 16 or maybe Elite 8 . . . And I got 15 out of 16 right yesterday.
Moi - I used to like LSU. But when the beat us for a national football championship, I was bitter for a while. Then, when they hired Les Miles as their football coach... I threw up in my mouth a little. I loathe that guy.
2$ - what can I say? I'm a Sooner girl to the bone and it would be blaspheme to choose someone else. Now, my good sense tells me that UNC will stomp the daylights out of OU and will then proceed to meet Memphis in the finals. Memphis wins. But, I'll never, ever say that out loud!
Congrats on going 15 for 16. Who was your wrong pick?
YOU are hardcore about your basketball. :-)
Can I get an "amen" for my UW Huskies?? Hellloooo, does anyone in the South even care about us out here on the West Coast?
*chirping crickets*
Hee.
I didn't even fill out a bracket this year. That hasn't happened since I was about seventeen. I am ashamed of myself.
14 of 16 in one bracket, 13 of 16 in another. Not a bad start for someone who only saw one game this year and that was right here in Bozeman.
57 degrees today. Looks like four-wheelin this weekend. yahoo!
UPDATE: Round 1 Day 2
The first 8 games today I am 7 for 8. WV dropped the ball. No pun intended.
Boxer: dang right I'm hardcore! And this is nuthin compared to college football season!
Minnow: I almost didn't do a bracket either. I waited until Tuesday night to finally fill one out. I figured I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't.
Milk: Good job in your brackets for not following college bball! And have a good time four-wheeling this weekend. We have 75 degrees all weekend. I'm hitting the bike trails.
Another update after the next 8 games.
My girl is a sports fan, no doubt. xoxo, let me know if you can come up to hosp tonight to sit a spell.
I missed the Michigan-Clemson game, but yesterday (last 4 games of the day) screwed me royally as those two overtime games might have cost me as I fell to 3rd place in the pool & it will probably be worse from here. Oh well, now I can just enjoy the games. And I checked & had OU making it N. Carolina & then losing. SOrry. Ha.
Alright Kim, I have 12 left in one bracket and 13 in another and I'm not even close to winning either pool.
The NCAA did a nice job on seedint this year IMO. 14 teams seeded 4th or higher. One fifth and one 12th and AZ is better than a 12 seed anyway. I'll be riding in the ass deep snow this weekend in Island Park, ID but will have fun watching in between.
Whelp - after a long basketball filled weekend, I'm here to make an update to how I did.
The first round I went 25/32. Not to shabby. The Midwest totally ate my lunch, though. I went 4/8 in that region. I'm perfect in the West, and lost 2 in the South and 1 in the East.
Now the 2nd round I went 14/16. (picking the winner correctly, even though I didn't have the right opponent in 4 games. The Arizona/Cleveland St. game I had wrong all together.) Second round I was perfect in the West and the South.
My Sweet 16 is still intact with the exception of Arizona in the Midwest and Xavier in the East.
All in all, things are looking good - and I just can't wait until Thursday!
I didn't do a bracket for the 10th consecutive year but I'm not ashamed. Looks like your picks have done well. The guys from PTI agreed that Oklahoma has the best player in the nation. They hardly ever agree.
Monstrous Charles Barkley type player. Forgot his name.
Chef - no harm in not doing a bracket, I guess. I love PTI but I HATE that they stuck Tony Kornheiser on Monday Night Football. He's a little bit of an idiot.
Anyway - Blake Griffin is whose name escaped you. He's pretty much amazing. If you go back to look at my MM when the theme was MARCH, there are several pics of him on that post.
Post a Comment