Uh, yeah. So I get this email today about a Poodle contest. I think it is going to be interesting, because I like animals. I enjoy watching the Westminster Dog Show, and that other show that highlights cats and all of the different breeds.
As much as I like watching for the animals, I must admit that I get some weird pleasure from seeing how nutty the owners of these animals are. It's like pageant moms - but with cats and dogs. Eerily entertaining.
However, this is NOT. This poodle contest is more like an ethnic hair show. I am appalled that people are allowed to do this to their poor dogs. And even more appalled that there is a team of judges who decide which horrific theme will be the winner. And then, the owners dress up with the dog for judging.
There is not enough tequila in Mexico that would make me ever think about doing this to a poor poodle. As you browse below, keep in mind these are all poodles. I've listed the titles that came with the pictures.
All I can say is... WTF?
16 comments:
I find the people who own the dogs even more disturbing. I can't stand seeing dogs with food coloring on them, it makes me crazy. BUT, the camel, the dog and the buffalo are fascinating. This smacks of pagents for little girls - it's clearly the mother (or owners) who are the ones who want the attention. Sad.
People are insane. That's all there is to it.
But, I now have to wonder if Boxer will have a new video with chihuahuas dressed up in similar fashion ;-)
I secretly love the clydesdale and the buffalo. Don't tell my daughter, okay?
Boxer: I can't believe that these people are allowed to own animals.
NM: I'm ok if Boxer dresses up her Chihuahuas in cute tutu's and outfits, but coloring the hair? Everyone knows that once you start dying your hair you just can’t stop.
Mom: what? How do you not think its creepy? And disturbing?
HOLY CRAP! These people need help. I have to agree with Boxer that it resembles pageant mothers. Those poor dogs :(
How long did they have to stand there while getting dyed, cut, groomed, etc?!
Oh. My. God.
Chef: My thoughts exactly.
I have two rules when it comes to my dogs:
1. I will never put clothes on them.
2. I will never put clothes on them.
I need to add; or decorate them like an Easter egg.
OMG are they mad!! These are just obscene, those poor dogs. BTW love your new profile piccie.
GAK!!
Native Minnow is right--These people are insane an' thas' all we need to say.
Whar's PETA when ya need 'em???
Well..we can fantasize about how them people would look if their dawgs could return the favor.
Boxer - am glad you don’t dress up your dogs, or dye them. Your lil dogs are cute enough on their own.
Sarah - I can't help but wonder how much these people pay to do that to their dogs. A small fortune, I'm sure. Thanks for the compliment on my pic. :)
Aunty - I went back to look at the people, and I'll be darned that one lady shows up in 4 of the photos. She has serious issues. SERIOUS issues.
Holy food dye Batman??!!
I didn't know and I think I was very happy in my not knowing.
Just how long before we see these folks on Springer and Maury?
However the tequila industry thanks you for pointing out the need for raising production. Get to fermenting Boys!!!
Linay: Sorry I missed you earlier! I wonder what the dogs would say if they could speak. Probably, WTF!?
Jump roping!!! Keep your heels down and try not to jump entirely on the balls of your feet. Only come up enough to let the rope go under. HAVE FUN. Practice by "hopping" up and down so you keep that extra jump out of it. Later... shift weight between feet. It's similar to running in place, which you can also do with the rope. :-)
Holy...
Of all the...
*sigh*
You gotta at least give the amputee dog's owner points for creativity on working the stump into the theme.
However... no. Just, no.
Poodles bring out the absolute worst in dog owners, and I feel embarrassed for these poor animals, especially the green ones. Strangely enough, I quoted from 'Best in Show' on my post today as that is one funny movie about the dog business.
Post a Comment