
So - today was the day. I am done with school, and it was totally worth it. It was a long and winding road, but in the end, oh so worth the trip. I have met wonder people who I will consider good friends for the rest of my life. It's just so surreal to finally be finished. As I drove home tonight, I choked up a bit. I was just so proud that I reached a goal that seemed near impossible. I was overcome with excitement and sorrow as I thought about what the future now holds for me - simultaneously thinking about missing my Wednesday night group!
I hope that having a degree will benefit me in the future. But who knows. I love my current job, and they love me right back. And sometimes loving your job holds more weight than any salary.
Well Kym, note to self. You are officially welcome to the land of grown ups.
cheers everyone, and thank you for the well wishes and congratulatory comments.
I love you all!
KYM
6 comments:
YAY! Congrats!!!
Double YAY! Love my girl.
CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done! Welcome to the world of adults – the water's fine. Seriously, what a big moment in your life. I hope you savor it and celebrate it.
Well done you Kym, I know how proud your mom is of you and me thinks this requires a BIG graduation gift from those two :-)
It's very true what you said about salary and loving work though, but you did this for you and even if you stay where you are, you will always have this sense of accomplishment.
BRAVO!
Take your moment and be oh so proud of yourself for identifying and then achieving an important goal. I am one who believes having a solid foundation on which to build your future is one of the greatest ways to love thyself ... as we are all commanded to do.
Congratulations. It is a lot of work, and always a struggle to get to graduation and it is also always worth it. Nice one and here's hoping you enjoyed the ceremony as mine was mainly a blur.
Post a Comment