Quite the passage thru history! I liked the cover with Paul Newman for two reasons...first he is not usually associated with Rock and secondly...he pulled it off just fine at age 47! Interesting to see the change in the cover designs as well as the subject matter thru the decades....fun post and happy Mute Monday.
Ah Kym, what a trip... down memory lane that is. In Aus Rolling Stone was a supplement in a local music magazine from '67 until about '72 from then on it was published in it's own right. Australia's is the longest running international publication... in case ya needed to know.
Chef - there were so many other funny ones I could have posted - but I didn't because I have a tendency to get carried away!
Fishy - Paul Newman was a magnificant actor. And easy on the eyes. I love watching his old movies. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid became an instant favorite the moment I watched it. It also has the longest chase scene I have ever seen.
Boxer - These shouldn't make you feel old!
Aunty - I love the history of everything.
Linzy - I am clever. It's just what I do!
Java - Everyone needs a little Beetles in their lives.
9 comments:
Fascinating. Great idea to look at pop-culture history. Rod Stewart's cracked me up!
Happy Mute Monday!
Quite the passage thru history! I liked the cover with Paul Newman for two reasons...first he is not usually associated with Rock and secondly...he pulled it off just fine at age 47! Interesting to see the change in the cover designs as well as the subject matter thru the decades....fun post and happy Mute Monday.
I love this. AND, I feel very old because I remember more than I'd care to say. :-) Very clever and Happy MM!
WHoa!! Jes' goes ter show, ya', darlin' how much fun history can be!
Happy MM!
Love it! Great post, you are clever :)
Janis and Jim and The Beatles...and that's all I need (the others are all GRAVY!!) Great history! Happy MM!
Ah Kym, what a trip... down memory lane that is. In Aus Rolling Stone was a supplement in a local music magazine from '67 until about '72 from then on it was published in it's own right. Australia's is the longest running international publication... in case ya needed to know.
Great job, happy MM.
Chef - there were so many other funny ones I could have posted - but I didn't because I have a tendency to get carried away!
Fishy - Paul Newman was a magnificant actor. And easy on the eyes. I love watching his old movies. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid became an instant favorite the moment I watched it. It also has the longest chase scene I have ever seen.
Boxer - These shouldn't make you feel old!
Aunty - I love the history of everything.
Linzy - I am clever. It's just what I do!
Java - Everyone needs a little Beetles in their lives.
Bear - That is a cool tidbit. I had no idea.
HaPpY MuTe mOnDaY everyone! xoxox
Ok A - I totally bought and had the Rolling Stone mags of Bon Jovi and Motley Crue and 2. Where in the hell did you find all of these?
Post a Comment