Tuesday, February 17, 2009

10 things - My first meme.

Jan over at Grand Lake Ink has a meme going on .
I am playing along and she assigned me 10 things I love that begin with "T" If you want to play, leave a comment and I will assign you a letter.

1. Theater. I love theater - musicals, ballet, opera... It's a passion. And while I dabbled in theater in my youth, I never committed long term. However, I love to go when I get the chance.
2. Thanksgiving dinner. MMMMMMMM. It's my favorite holiday, and there is nothing like turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and pecan pie.









3. Tea. of the iced variety. The best place in town to get iced tea is Chick-fil-a. I do occasionally enjoy the hot tea, but only on very, very cold days. In that instance, I like the lemon-honey flavor.

4. Top Gun. This is an all time favorite movie. I got quotes for ages from this flick. "Take me to bed or lose me forever!"
















5. Trucks. of the Chevrolet variety. There is nothing like that V-8 get-up-and-go when you are getting on the interstate. Silly poky motorists. Use the pedal on the right!!!

6. Thunder Basketball. Only because they are the first professional sports team for our state. Hopefully they won't suck so bad next season.









7. Tiger Safari. This little gem is in Tuttle, OK. It may just be my favorite place on earth. It is an interactive zoological park that features tigers, lions and bears! There are many other creatures there too - kangaroos, crocodiles, ferrets, deer, snakes, all sorts of beautiful birds and a few monkeys. It's pretty small, you can walk around it and spend significant time with each animal in about 2 hours. You can check it out here: http://www.tigersafariorg.com/

This guy here is Rajah. If you are so inclined, you can feed him. He stays in his pin, but the tour guide takes a raw chicken wing and shoves it in the end of a long pole. The guide then puts the end of the pole with the chicken wing at the top of Rajah's pin. Rajah will stand on his hind legs and eat the chicken wing. It is a fabulous site to see. Rajah is a HUGE tiger. I love him.

8. Target. Who doesn't love this store? I love the cute, inexpensive home accessories, and plus - it is never as crowded as the competition!










9. Turkey Hunting. I know that I posted this pic a few days ago, but here it is again. I have never enjoyed myself so much as when I bagged this bird. Man, when you call out to them - and they answer you back... what a rush!







10. Tax Refund Checks. Well - let me just say that this year mine is going to be a life saver. This ridiculous economy and limited job opportunities is wreaking havoc in my life at the moment. Uncle Sam offered a very nice rebate for 1st time home buyers this year, and I am taking full advantage.

18 comments:

Milk River Madman said...

I'm in. Let the "nonstop coolness" begin.

Kymical Reactions said...

Milky - Your letter is "B". I can't wait to see what you come up with! Let me know when you are posted!

Linzy with a Z said...

oooh I want to play!! Love it!

Kymical Reactions said...

Linzy - Your letter is "P". Let me know when you are up!

h said...

Nice post and interesting meme. We have 2,3, and 9 in common. And GREAT NEWS on 10! Wish it would have included 3rd time home-buyers. Sigh.

I'll play but it might take me a while to think of Ten Things.

Milk River Madman said...

My list is up.

Kymical Reactions said...

Chef - (when I call you Chef instead if Troll I feel like I am talking to Chef Ramsey in Hell's Kitchen...teehee) I know what you mean about the time it takes to come up with ten things. I think this list took nearly 2 weeks. Let's see... your letter is "L". I'm excited to see what you come up with! Let me know when you are up.

Anonymous said...

Great answers and I love that Tuttle Tiger Zoo also. But it is a little scary feeding the tiger the chicken leg, I will admit. When are we going back???

Anonymous said...

PS you forgot to give Linzy a letter!

2 Dollar Productions said...

Nice MeMe. Everything is good at Chick-fil-a in my opinion (especially the tea), and 'Top Gun' is definitely a classic as I still think it's funny that Cruise assumes he can take a shower a McGill's place on their first date. Bizarre.

Kymical Reactions said...

Mom - I gave Linzy the letter "P" It's up there, you just missed it I guess. She is alredy posted!

Anonymous said...

Gordo Ramsay wouldn't last a day in Troll's Kitchen!

Unknown said...

Oh thanks for the tip on the Tiger Safari, that's now on my 'must do' list next time we head into OKC. Me love Target too :-), reminds me of Tesco!

Kymical Reactions said...

Sarah - I cant wait for you to visit the Tiger Safari and then to let me know what you think if it. I love that place.

h said...

I am UP!

fishy said...

Fun post, fun game... makes me wonder if it is as much fun in a social gathering. Love that you listed Theatre first....my favorite give-back-to-the-community activity is to design theatre sets...sometimes I paint them too, or build them...so the hair and make-up, help with the costuming...I love it all but designing the sets is my favorite.

You are right, who doesn't love Thanksgiving dinner...and I see you fetch home your own wild turkeys, good for you!

I don't think I have met a person who didn;t like Top Gun and have been a fan of Target stores since they opened.

If you go back through the archives at the Pond, there is a Mute Monday posting for the letter "T" . My selected subject matter was "tea". If you are a tea fan, you might enjoy the posting.

Pam said...

LOVE THE NEW NAME!!!

The Java Junkie said...

Excellent MEME! And I had lot's of fun playing along, too!