Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peace Love and Baby

Time is flying right on by. And, despite what Mick Jagger might say, it doesn't seem to be on my side at the moment. There's a lot going on at work, and even more going on with some personal things that I can't discuss yet. Well, maybe it's just that I'm not ready to discuss things, but I definitely am going to need an outlet sooner than later, so stay tuned.

So for now, I'm just focusing on me and my growing family. :) Baby is growing and things are progressing just as they should. My most favorite thing in the world right now is getting to hear baby's heartbeat. It makes me smile every single time. You know your parents love you, but you just don't understand that love and what it means until you're a parent yourself. Even though baby is still growing and has a while before it's here, I love it so much already. I'm amazed everyday about how happy I am knowing that soon there will be a little baby in my life.

Husband and I are discussing names, and I've decided on a girl's name, but I'm still trying to convince husband he likes this name, too. I'm sorry to disappoint, but it will not be Trolletta. Maybe for a middle name. Boy's names are a different story. We can't seem to find one we like enough to make a final decision. We should find out if we're having a boy, girl, ninja or a carebear in about six weeks. Don't worry, I'll make sure you all are in the loop! You're my family, too!

I've just now out grown my regular clothes, and splurged and bought some maternity pants and tops. Luckily, maternity clothes have become quite fashionable since yesteryear. Or so I'm told. Hopefully I won't need to buy much more, but you just never know. Mom and I have also done some browsing for baby furniture and the necessities. I'm excited to start buying and setting up everything.

Miss Fishy, I need your decorator skills and ideas about what to do to the room. And Miss Chicky, I need your artful eye to find some wonderfully playful artwork for the walls. Miss Moi, I'll need you to find me the most fashionable baby shoes so baby will be all the envy of the kids (and adults) in the neighborhood. Miss Boxie, I'll need you to help teach baby business savvy skills, and how how to make movies about chihuahuas. Miss Auntie, will you just move to Oklahoma and be my nanny?




12 comments:

fishy said...

Kym,
Soooo delighted to hear all is progressing well with your family.
It is indeed a falling in love experience like no other! No doubt all your blog family are ,
"standing on ready and waiting on go!" it will be my pleasure to assist you as needed.
Just send me an e-mail.

moi said...

Shoes, I can do! I also enjoy spoon feeding babies, as I find it ridiculously hysterical that half of it lands everywhere but in their mouths, and the expressions they make when something tastes really yummy (or yucky) are priceless. Just don't ask me to change a diaper or clean up spit up. No. No, no, no, no, no.

Jenny said...

I can also help YOU make movies about Baby. Weeeeee. I love that you're loving this time in your life with Husband and Baby-to-Be. Names are hard. I had a friend who had the name of her baby all ready to go until they put her in her arms and a completely new name popped out. She said "where did that come from?" and then Nurse thought she was talking about the baby. So, remember to ask for the good pain drugs, just like my friend!

xoxox I love baby updates, so thanks for this post.

Pam said...

You have no idea how grateful you should be re the maternity clothes. Maybe I should find a pic of what I had to wear during that time, just to torture you.

Native Minnow said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy care bear

chickory said...

Kym, you know what? I recently made a painting based on sterling that is baby room perfect. After I leave this page, I will post it to my sidebar and if you want it, its yours. a baby shower gift because I know I wont be getting an invitation to the real shower. grrherhaha

DO NOT feel obligated, if it isnt your cup o tea its not going to hurt my feelings. trust me, i can roll with rejection like a professional.

boy names. please do not name your child "jason". everyone is named Jason now. its like the brittany and emily of boys.

how about something old fashioned like Henry?

Henry Reactions. works for me

lately in the south we are seeing girls named for southern towns:

Raleigh
Charlotte
Savannah
Greer


wonder if theres any cool okie names...lets see lots of indian names here, Buffalo? no...er okay here's one

Hollis


Im so excited for you! check my sidebar later.

Pam said...

Am off to see Sterling on Chickie's sidebar after posting here.

Oklahoma names: (and you will hate some of them) ... Enid, Ada, Norman, Afton (although I do know a girl named Afton), Cole, Laverne, Luther, Loco, Pink, Porter (sorry taken), Slick, maybe one or two could be good. I like Cole!

Aunty Belle said...

The BABY is comin'!! Whoo hoo!

YEs, Kymmie Chile' ya luvs yore wee one so much--ain't it amazin' how afore now it was jes' an idea, now it's a thang ya cain't imagine not havin.

On names, it's so personal...but fer a girl baby, try ter resist gettin' too cutesy, cause some day what ya name her has to look pretty good on a bidness card.

I'se gonna be the proudest Nanny in Oklahoma!

Jenny said...

First, we need an update and second, I have a Valentine for you......

Milk River Madman said...

I think my first name and your last name is a greaaaaaat combo if its a boy. Just let that roll off your tongue a few times Kym. If you don't like it, then stay biblical. You can't go wrong with strong names like Luke, Daniel, Matthew, etc.

I like the town thing that Chickory has going. We have the Madison mountains close by and I've always fancied that name. Also the Judith mountains. The Tobacco Root Mountains and the Crazies are close by as well but they don't strike me as nice female names. Of course, I'm kind of old fashioned that way.

moi said...

Just dropping by to say hello, send you my best wishes and hopes that all is well with your bambino or bambina, and let you know that Haiku Monday is hosted at my blog this week. Theme is PERFUME. Write as many as you want, but I'll only be judging one, so make sure you tell me which that one is. Hope to see you 'round!

moi said...

Drop by whenever you get a chance. I have declared a Haiku Winner.