Wednesday, February 23, 2011

half way there

So, tomorrow I'll be 21 weeks. That means in roughly 19 weeks we'll have another blogger to add to our family! Let me just say this. There is a reason that men don't get pregnant. There is no way they could handle all that comes along with it. Well, not without some severe bitching and moaning. And I would seriously question the sanity of any woman who says she enjoyed being pregnant.

The bad stuff:

I'm just uncomfortable. My feet are swelling. They hurt all the time, even when I'm not standing. Maybe getting a pedicure will help. My back hurts, and it is very difficult to find good sleeping position. I'm getting frequent migraines, but there isn't anything I can take for them. sadface. The only medication I can take is Tylenol. I dare you to offer a Tylenol to the next person you come across suffering from a migraine. pffft. It's almost the worst insult in the world. I cannot believe how often I have to pee. Seriously, it's at least every 2 hours. What is that? I don't know where it comes from? It's like a magic, never-empty bladder. Very bizarre. And annoying when I'm trying to sleep. Maybe this is how your body gets used to getting up several times at night when the baby gets here. Ok - I'll get off my hormone raged soap box now.

Then good stuff:

I'm finally starting to look pregnant instead of looking like I've eaten about 34 to many doughnuts, and I've found some pretty cute maternity clothes to accent the baby bump. I can feel little baby movements in my tummy. I love that feeling. Mom describes it like picturing winning a goldfish is a plastic bag at the fair. And the feeling is similar to feeling the fish bump against the side of the plastic bag. That's a pretty good analogy about how it feels. However, I'd describe it more like the bubbles/rumbles you feel when your tummy hurts. But without the pain. I know it sounds strange, but it's the best feeling in the world. I know I'm going to miss it once baby gets here. I can't wait until we can feel movements from the outside. Husband is looking forward to it, too. But, perhaps the best news of all is that we'll get to find out if we're having boy or girl next Wednesday. I'm so looking forward to it. :)

4 comments:

moi said...

Yes, but the question remains: CAN you actually eat 34 donuts? Because I think you'd be justified in doing so.

Glad to hear you are doing well (well, except for all that stuff you listed in the first paragraph), and I look forward to hearing if your lil' papoose is going to be a boy or a girl. You have a preference?

Buzz Kill said...

I hate to be the one to break this to you but - you're not half way there. Wait until they get to college, then you'll be half way there. Bwahahaha

Girls are easier in the early years and boys are easier in the later years. I'm not sure where I'm going with that.

Jenny said...

bwahahaahahah to Buzz. He knows!

Thanks for posting your progress, I've been wondering how things have been for you. My Sister knows the exact place she was when she first felt her son move. She said it made it very real all of a sudden.

Here's to next Wednesday! Take good care of yourself and I'm so sorry for the migraines. You sound like you could use a good massage?

fishy said...

HI Kym,
Are you counting down? This IS a wonderful, magical time in your life, enjoy to the maximum!

Ha! to Buzz,
spoken just like a man who never raised a Mermaid.