Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Save the Date!

Disclaimer: Since I'm not blogging as much lately, I'll try to cram as much updates as I can into each post.

Save the date for July 7, 2011. Well, maybe not that exact date, but around that general time frame. Tomorrow, I'll be nine weeks pregnant. I'm not sure if that's the correct terminology, but it's what I've been saying. Last Monday, husband accompanied me to an ultrasound appointment, and we got to hear the little baby heartbeat. I nearly cried. I don't know why, but it was overwhelming. Husband said to me later, that he wanted to be able to tell our baby that he was there the first time we heard the heartbeat. I have to say, I'm not used to him being so, uh, what word am I looking for here... sentimental, maybe? Anyway, it's sweet, but strange at the same time.

On the other hand, I keep thinking about there being another heartbeat inside my body that isn't my own. And then I get a little weirded out. But, then I get excited. My hormones are all over the place. It's difficult to deal with, because I'm not used to being all over the place. Like when I know and recognize that I'm being irrational, but there isn't anything I can do about it. It makes me mad. And then I apologize for riding my broom, and then I laugh. It's very frustrating. I've also noticed that I've developed road rage. Well, maybe not exactly road rage, just the frustration of feeling injustice around the morons around me. I'd like the world to know that riding my bumper isn't going to make the traffic in front of me go any faster. I'm sick of this narcissistic, entitlement attitude of drivers. Instead of driving safe and smart, everyone seems to think they can cut you off, with inches to spare, because the four seconds faster that they are going to reach their destination is going to change the world.

As you can see, I need to learn to let things go when I'm driving. Because otherwise, where ever I'm at, I'm fine. It's the rest of the world that has issues. Not me. ;)

Other things seem to be stressing me out too, that otherwise wouldn't bother me at all. The number one thing, is that I need a car. I have a budget, not very big, and I've got to find the most reliable, low mile, non-granny car available. I don't want to take on a car payment, because now a car payment = daycare cost. We paid off the truck a few months ago, and we don't see the benefit of trading it in. I've started pricing all of the other things we're going to need too. I knew babies were expensive, but holy cow. I'm often wondering how we're going to afford everything we need. Husband is my little ray of reality. He's not as concerned as I am, and keeps assuring me that things always have a way of working out. I wish I could get myself some of that optimism.

I'll get off that soap box now. We've decided which room will be the baby's room. And once we know if were going to have a little Kymmie or a little husband, we're going to paint the room. If it's a girl, I've decided that I want the color scheme to be royal purple and black and white damask. So cute! If it's a boy, I have no idea. I'm open to suggestions. I need my decorator friends to give me ideas about what to do for a boy.

We haven't really thought about names yet either. Again, please toss out your suggestions, and all will be considered. We don't care for these modern names or last names for first names that are so popular at the moment. No Jaxon, Carter, Braxten, Aiden, Brinlee, or anything similar. I tend to like more traditional names - Adam, Michael, Christopher. Husband isn't super crazy about any of those though.

Anyway, I'll be back soon with another ridiculously long update. In the mean time, I'll be sleeping. I'm so stinking tired. I'm used to being a night owl. Now a days, I'm spent by about 9pm. I guess this is my body's way of preparing me for all the sleep I'm going to lose in a few months. So, goodnight blogger friends. Baby and I are going to bed.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, I will have name suggestions! Get lots of rest, no drinking out of plastic bottles or cooking with teflon, please! And remember, I get right of first refusal on all babysitting opportunities :)

Karl said...

Good morning Kym,

If it's a boy: Bill, Bob, George anything, but Sue!

Jenny said...

First, thanks for the post. :-)

Second - I look forward to reading about the next big phase in your lives.

As for names: I'm lousy at it. But if you want a good name for a dog, just let me know. Unless you have a girl.... then there's only one name I can offer: COCO!

xoxox.

moi said...

Hey, there you are! This morning I went off on a slacker teenager who tailgated me for about five miles down Route 66. So bitchy is as bitchy does, pregnancy or not :o)

Oh, and thank you for reminding me how much I hate kreative baby names. I'm traditional all the way, the more common, the better. John. Michael. Jane. Ellen. That kind of thing. Mainly because they either don't lend themselves to silly nicknames and their diminutives are at least tolerable.

Buzz Kill said...

I wanted to name one of my kids Lucifer (turns out it would have been fitting for The BOY) but the Mrs would have none of it.

Milk River Madman said...

Room colors for a boy. Bobcat Blue and Gold or Mustang Blue and White!

Names. Boys, I've always liked William (brother's name) and prefer Christian over Christopher. Casey, Eric or Daniel are good as well. Girls, anything that begins with "E" I find beautiful. Elaine, Emily, Elizabeth, Emma. Just kind of partial to them.

Your mom said you had an MCW clip. What the heck?

Aunty Belle said...

Hey Baby Doll!

love the updates. keep'em comin'.

As fer names, well, jes' remember, that name has to go on a bidness card some day --so kwetsey kreative doan wear well on 40 year ole folks. An mebbe be mindful of how the initials lay out, too.
(Hanna Olivia Greene = HOG)

Youse already thar', wif your preference fer straightforward names.

Take good care of the two of ya' an' hug yore hubbie fer his optimism!

fishy said...

Kym!
Love this newsy update and go hug that sweet, sentimental hubby. He sounds a prize. Good luck with the car search and the road rage. Forget about all the stuff they say you must have for babies, it just isn't so. I am stunned by the amount of stuff young parents tote around these days. It won't just make you broke, it will break your back!

Names ARE serious business.
That being said, I love the name
"Jedidiah" which means " loved by God" and really, if society gives him a nickname it will be "Jedi" which would be fine with me.