
I took a poll on my facebook page to hear who my friends thought were some of the best villains out there. One of the most popular was Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) - Fight Club. Other weigh ins were John Doe (Kevin Spacey) - Se7en; Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) - The Silence of the Lambs; *side note: I do not love to hate Hannibal Lecter. He's ubercreepy.*; Shooter McGavin (Christopher McDonald) - Happy Gilmore; Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) - Die Hard; Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren) - Rocky IV; and of course Darth Vader - any of the Star Wars.
But, here is what I ended up with. I may or may not have stolen this from a certain mother. But, I'll not admit to anything. Happy Movie Clip Wednesday, y'all. I'll be around tomorrow to see what you've selected!
But, here is what I ended up with. I may or may not have stolen this from a certain mother. But, I'll not admit to anything. Happy Movie Clip Wednesday, y'all. I'll be around tomorrow to see what you've selected!
16 comments:
INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!! (Another movie quote used religiously around this house)
You are fabulous. This movie is one of my all time favorite and you picked a wonderful bad guy (although there were many to pick from.) Mr. Boxer and I made our nephews watch this last year and now THEY quote from it.
The line I use the most?
"your way isn't very sporting."
Excellent choice. I wish I had thought of it. Thank for playing, I know you've been a bizzy Gal.
Way great choice!
Isn't it one of only two characters that dies in the film?
So danged smart, he was dumb.
HA!
"The first is never get invloved in a land war in Asia" Classic.
Hey, is there a current Culinary Smackdown goin' on over here ?
Let a Heffer know.
I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen this movie and, therefor, does not quote it.
Hans Gruber was a GREAT villian!
Happy MRC.
Mom: I know, right?
Boxiedoll: This one has been a favorite of mine since I was little. Brilliant stuff.
Boney: Maybe? I'm not really sure. I'd have to watch again, and pay attention to that specific detail.
MRM: well, it has some truth, dontcha think?
Heff: YES! DAY - Wednesday, March 10. Ingredient - Pepperoni. Hope to see you back on the blogosphere soon.
Troll: it's excellent comedic satire. Worth a watch - especially because this was made before it all went hollyweird out there.
Good evening Kym,
Great choice! A funny movie with plenty of villains.
"No more rhymes now - I mean it ! Anybody want a peanut?”
Cracks me up every time.
March 10th is DO-ABLE. HEFF IS IN !
Wait, Wait... WAIT - Please allow me to back up and ASK... WHO is judging this spectacle ? Is it Troll Y2K a.k.a. "Napoleon", or is it a fair and unbiased judge ?
Let a Heffer know, and then we'll decide if Donna needs to strip down in the H.B.A.G. kitchen for this event.
Give a Heffer "REACTIONS".
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Although as far as bad guys go, Vizzini is one of the nicer ones. I thought about doing John Doe because se7en was a creepy movie with a great ending (never saw it coming).
Happy MCW!
Heff - Hopefully, Moi will judge. If you haven't read her past judgements, you're in for a treat.
Heff: The judge will either be Moi or myself. We haven't quite worked that out yet.
But - Moi is an excellent judge.
Firm but Fair. Firm but Fair.
Sounds Good. Heff likes 'em firm.
Nice move w/ this one . . . wouldn't have thought of 'Bride' here. Ha. Great scene. I think the poll that had Spacey and Rickman in it would have made the top of my list too. Have a great weekend Kym.
My roommate is from Honduras. Every time I saw him for the first two years I lived here I'd repeat that line 'Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.' and just substitute the name. I don't know who got sick of it first, him or his girlfriend. I just know that I never did. I still break it out once in a while.
Post a Comment