Monday, October 19, 2009

Mute Monday - Author




11 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your labels as much as your choice of authors.

Happy MM!

h said...

He was a hollow man with a head stuffed with straw.

Good stuff.

Happy MM!

moi said...

"They are rattling breakfast plates in basement kitchens,
And along the trampled edges of the street
I am aware of the damp souls of housemaids
Sprouting despondently at area gates.

The brown waves of fog toss up to me
Twisted faces from the bottom of the street,
And tear from a passer-by with muddy skirts
An aimless smile that hovers in the air
And vanishes along the level of the roofs."

Thank you. I loves me some Eliot!

Anonymous said...

This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper

Happy MM!

fishy said...

A favorite Kymical Classic?
You have lots of company.

Buzz Kill said...

I'm afraid I'm not much of a poetry reader. But I do know that "April is the cruellest month".

Happy MM!

Aunty Belle said...

hoHO!

Wow, Kym, I'se mighty impressed.

" Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

For I have known them all already, known them all:—
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons; "

Great MM!

Pam said...

Ooooh! I love all the responses. Rum Tum Tugger loves you back.

Doom said...

Very nice! For several reasons. First, all of the books have interesting covers and titles. Talk about tickling curiosity. And secondly, since I am just entering the T.S. Eliot reading room as we speak, I am curious if, as a fan, these are your top picks (or merely ones you have read or books which make interesting pictures).

I am still half asleep, the questions aren't meant to be rude, if they are.

Oh, and Happy (if late) Mute Monday!

Karl said...

Good morning Kymical,

Great choice! You've gotten some of the neatest comments I've seen in a long time.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Nice choices here . . . never read the first one, but the title is great. Happy belated MM>