Yes. I know. I've been neglecting my blog the past few weeks, and have also been neglecting you all too. I'm sorry, and it won't happen again. I have no excuses. I've been a bad blogger friend. :/ Can you forgive me?
So a few weeks ago, I realized I missed a show that I would have really loved to have seen. Wilco was in town and I had NO idea. I was pretty pissed at myself. For so long OKC has never really been a city of attraction for big shows. It's usually Dallas that gets them, and frankly that is just a wee bit too far to drive. So I just never think to research shows that are coming to town - I figured if it was anyone worth seeing then I would hear it advertised somewhere. Well, that attitude of mine back fired huge and I've been sulking ever since. I decided that I would research all of the local / semi-local venues around my area and realized OKC is no longer the butt-hole of the music spots for the nation.
Here is a list of up coming shows of the ones I wouldn't mind seeing if money grew on trees!
Aerosmith and ZZ Top
Keith Urban
Steve Miller Band
Sir Paul McCartney
Rod Stewart
Def Leppard and Poison
Mudvayne and Black Label Society
Sugarland
Britney Spears
Taylor Swift
Journey (but no Steve Perry so wouldn't be all that worth it to me)
DMB with Willie Nelson
Kings of Leon
Creed
U2
UGH! What to do, What to do!?!?!? There are sooo many good shows coming. Is it lame that I really want to see my girl Britney? Probably the top 5 on this list would be u2, Steve Miller Band, Britney, BLS and Sugarland. If you were me, and could only go to 2 shows... what would you choose?
13 comments:
B.L.S. & Journey, Dammit !!!
That new singer Journey has is SPOT ON.
DMB and KOL! But hey thats just me :)
Hello again! I'd hit the Mudvayne and Sugarland shows.
Hmmm, I'd go with ZZ Top and Def Leppard and Steve Miller Band (unfortunately not the same concert) just because I have never seen any of them them before and would like to and can't believe that I haven't given the number of times they've come to town over the years.
I have seen Rod and Sir Paul (twice, each of them!) so am anxiously awaiting the U2 concert, as you know!!! What am I going to do with that spare set of tickets? Hmmmmmmmmm.
Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift
Okay so I agree with "your ever loving mom" U2 is a must. We really need to be partners in crime that night and not listed....but never forgotten HELLO....GARY ALLAN. You have got to see him live just once and then you will have to do it over and over you will be hooked. But since he isn't listed DMB would be a great show.
xoxoxoxoxo
May you never miss a show again.
www.oklahomarock.com
Heff: I love BLS. Fire It Up was my ringtone for a good long while.
Linzy: You would.
Moi: definitely 2 that I want to fit in.
Momma: I was sending subtle subliminal messages in this blog that said “give Kym your extra u2 tickets” I think it may have worked?!
GCM: Miley will never, ever be on my list of shows to see. Gag me with a spoon.
Anonymous 1: You’ll get me to a Gary Allen show one day. I promise. He just sorta reminds me of Rodney Carrington and there is a slight turn off about that.
Anonymous 2: Whoever you might be (am thinking probably you are N.S.) thanks for that. Immediately went to my favorites.
welcome back. i wouldnt mind seeing Son Volt when they come thru later this summer. but the truth is i would just as soon listen to a CD. its too hard to go to a concert. (proof i am old now) grhehaha
Kings of Leon sold out the Joint quickly, so if you want to go to that you should act fast. I'm mad that I missed out on those tickets.
I'm with K9, I rarely see concerts anymore. I paid big time for the American Idol tickets for my nephew so we could be in the second row. Anywhere else and I'd prefer to buy the CD of the concert and sit home. But, if I COULD be in the second row I'd pick Paul McCartney. I want to see a Beattle.
Since it's 110 degrees in the OKC, I'd go to whichever one is indoors and heavily air-conditioned.
Glad to see you back & sorry about Wilco as they were just in Austin as well. I've seen Steve Miller - solid. Britney would be interesting, so why not? U2 - yes. This should be a summer of concerts . . .
Post a Comment