Thursday, May 28, 2009

awkward family photos

Heff left me a comment snarking at me for not having a new post up. I've had a bit of a lame week and there's not been much of anything worth sharing.

But I did come across this website about awkward family photos, courtesy of my friend's facebook page. It's brilliant. I mean, we all have those photos that we could live the rest of our lives without ever seeing again. But, these photos are some gems.

Snicker at them if you like. I did.


The Choker
this is what happens when your male role model is both a priest and a gym teacher.


The Cottontails
they had me at the matching Sears shirts


Mommy-the-Pooh
daddy was glad when he found out he would play the role of Eeyore


Happy Mother's Day

Sweater Weather
...gift receipts

I am
the walrus



Now that's a blowout



Grin and Bear it
...or worm it.



The Home Team
when you're the father of five girls, it's the small victories that count


Doubledelish
double your pleasure. double your built in chaps.


Big Love
the only thing more awkward than this photo had to be the night the baby was conceived.


I'll be back for Mute Monday, when the theme is New York. Have a good weekend, ya'll.

11 comments:

Kymical Reactions said...

Sorry if you know anyone in the photos. And really sorry if you are someone in the photos.
:)

h said...

Grrherhahahaahahaha. This wasn't lame. Made me go grrrherhahahahhahahahhaa.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Ha. Great stuff. I just read about this website this week, and meant to go visit it . . . thanks for saving me the time.

Jenny said...

God help me, I never want to appear on this website. FUNNY pictures, thanks for the post.

Heff said...

I need a good pair of chaps my damn self.

Your Mum said...

OMG, let me think what adorable pics I can find of our fam .... hmmmm, I am sure they exist!!! I kinda like the idea of the girls in the jerseys saying how old they are ... that is clever, but could have been done better ;)

Kymical Reactions said...

Troll: Thanks. I like to make people and trolls laugh.

2$: I think I pulled the best ones from the site - don't worry about going over.

Boxer: You and me both!!

Heff: That is a drunken video I'd like to see!

Mom: There will be NO posting of embarassing pics from our family thank you very much. Now - I didn't even realize that the jerseys would be their ages. Clever!!

Native Minnow said...

Suddenly I feel much better about all my old photos. Ha!

sparringK9 said...

the sweaters killed. how disturbing! you would like the website "square america" check it out. - chickory

Pam said...

I'm seriously disturbed about the walrus. I never knew that about walruses.

JLee said...

I saw this on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and never laughed so hard!