Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring Fever

I start this post with a heavy, deep sigh. Looking at the icky weather out of my office window, I began longing for spring time. It is definitely my favorite season. It isn't too hot or cold, and I love seeing the new flowers bloom and trees blossom. Just thinking of it takes me to my happy place.
What I really want to do is go turkey hunting! I bagged my first turkey last spring and it was some of the most fun I have ever had. Now, I did something I wasn't supposed too - I shot a hen. (I was later told that you cant shoot hens in the spring. I was a poacher. But it was still a blast.)

I can barely contain my anticipation for getting a tom. Oh, you guys. You have no idea what how much fun this is. The adrenaline rush that comes when you hear a turkey answer your calls is indescribable. If you have never bagged a turkey, you have no idea what you are missing. If you have, well, then you know.

5 comments:

Linzy with a Z said...

ick, yuck!

Anonymous said...

so you start out all pretty flowers and then bagging a turkey. ick!!!!!!!!!!! still love ya!!
xoxoxoxo jen

Pam said...

You didn't get the hunting/fishing gene from my side of the family, that's for sure. Do they do camoflague pants with swirls?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've just realised who you are! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congrats on bagging the turkey, you're a better soul than me.

Thanks also for agreeing to play along, your letter is T.

Aunty Belle said...

Whoa!! Oh darlin' that is some TOM TURKEY!!
Uncle would be right proud of ya'...he is quite a hunter of Toms too.
So pleased to see ya on the Front Porch. DOan be no stranger, 'kay?