I for sure thought that Clint would get a nomination for Best Actor. But alas, neither Clint, nor his movie were nominated. This movie has all of the needed elements that can classify it as excellent. There are parts in Gran Torino that make you laugh and cry. It makes you angry, and warms your heart.
Plus - it's freaking CLINT EASTWOOD with his Dirty Harry raspy growl!
Admittedly, I have not seen all of the movies that were nominated by the Academy, but I can't understand how Gran Torino didn't get even one nomination. Clint, if it were up to me, you'd have the little gold statue for every catagory. Even best actress - that Ahney Her needed a nom for best supporting actress.
What can I say? People - get out there and see this movie. It is definately my favorite at the moment.
- kmwthay

6 comments:
Well thanks for the great review, the Hubster is itching to see this once it makes it to the sticks.
Politics. Clint doesn't worship Obama, ergo, no nomination for Clint. I might watch it when it comes out on free cable in a few years.
It is sooo worth the $8.50 to see it in the theater.
Laser pointer on a key ring can be purchased at Petsmart for about $4.99!!! You just put the two little batteries in it (comes with) and kitty chasie heaven.
I heard the movie was excellent. Clint has already received an Oscar for an unworthy movie in "Unforgiven". Pity as everything I've heard and read says this is a for better piece of film.
LOVED LOVED this movie
Post a Comment