Monday, October 4, 2010

Insanity: Week 3, Day 1.

I'm dying. Well, not literally. But, I've made it to the third week of this nine week program. Everyday I can do just a wee bit more than I did the day before. I still can't do as much as my sister, or stupid Tonya. But, I'm getting stronger. And I have more stamina. And, I still feel like I might die. It just doesn't last as long. ::::grin::::

Here are my results from the latest fit test. (I'm just going to post my results - not my sisters, because she's so good that it just makes me look bad.)

Switch Kicks. Week 1: 45. Week 3: 50.

Power Jacks. Week 1: 18. Week 3: 30.

Power Jumps. Week 1: 20. Week 3: 25.

Globe Jumps. (Suck) Week 1: 5. Week 3: 8.

Suicide Jumps. Week 1: 9. Week 3: 12.

Push-up Jacks. Week 1: 8. Week 3: 15.

Low Plank Obliques. Week 1: 10. Week 3: 15.


So, there it is after 2 full weeks. I hope to improve even more by the next fit test on week 6. I've lost an overall of 2 inches. I'm sure that is all sweat. Because all I do is sweat when we work out in the garage. It's gross. And sweaty. But, it sure feels good when it's all said and done to know that I just made it through something so grueling. But, it is what it is, and I'm committed to finishing all 9 weeks, then seeing what I can do from there.


Does anyone have any good workout tips or techniques? What is your one favorite, effective exercise?

9 comments:

chickory said...

i was thinking about getting "hip hop abs". looks kinda fun, and it doesnt involve crunches which are not good for a fused neck. V was on the P90X phase for a while but he kind of faded...grrrrrhahahaha. Good that youve stuck with it. dont YOU fade. youll be rocking in 7 weeks. woo hoo

Kymical Reactions said...

Chickie - the same guy who does hip hop abs does this Insanity. There are commercials for it on my dvds. It does look fun, and I'm thinking of doing it for the next great adventure. :)

Juan Pierre said...

I do the Flirty Girl Fitness DVDs. When I say that I do the DVD, I mean that I sit on my couch with a sandwich and watch the girls on the DVD. It's not really an effective weight-loss routine.

moi said...

Wow, those exercises are HARD, girl! Good on you for tackling this challenge. The best thing about getting fit isn't the fact that you lose pounds or inches, but that you develop a new found respect for what the human body can do. We evolved to MOVE, don't cha know.

My one favorite, most effective exercise? Running, of course. Well, only if I don't also eat like the little piggy that I am at the same time. Then nothing's effective :o)

Buzz Kill said...

You are definitely making progress. The pain let's you know you're alive.

These days my workouts consist of house maintenance and projects. I was in the crawl space (30" high)last night pulling speaker wire. I hurt this morning. I also run up and down the office steps in the morning (5 flights) and that gets the old heart pumping.

Jenny said...

easy! Jump rope. You burn 10 calories per minute, it's easy on the knees (but not the neck, so not for Chickie) and it can be done almost anywhere. Next? Running. I'm all about how many calories I can burn the most efficiently. Kick boxing is also great and I'm glad you're sticking with the program. Keep it up!! :-)

Karl said...

Good evening Kym,

Good for you! Stick with it. Moi is right, as you get better and stronger. You will appreciate, how much more you can do and how much better you feel while you're doing it.

As far as effective exercise goes, 30 to 40 minutes of cardio, then 30 minutes of lifting your own body weight. I prefer pushups situps pullups and squats. Reps of 10 rotated as fast as you can do them for the 30 minutes, after the cardio. Very what you're doing to keep it fun. Try punching or kickking a heavy bag, jump rope, dance. But stay in it and enjoy your newfound strength.

By the way, sweaty girls are hot in more ways than one.

Aunty Belle said...

Wait--isn't exercise Communist Propaganda?

Native Minnow said...

The main exercise I get these days is sucking in my gut when I look at myself in the mirror. Seems to be working well so far.