I signed up for a mailing list today. I filled out my information card and handed it back to the lady. She looked at it for a moment, then looked at me and said, "Your name is Kime? Like dime, with a K?"
I said "No. My name is Kym. It's like Kim with a Y."
I took my information card back. I decided I didn't want mail I don't really need, from an idiot woman who can't really read.
palmface.
5 comments:
kime! she will probably get a raise and a job with the federal gummit next. grhaha
Heh..cain't ya jes' give her them migraines?
On the headaches, looky Pumpkin, it's jes hell. But I think youse gonna outgrow 'em.
When I wuz 15 an' plagued wif migraines, Granny an' Pappy Cracker took me to Shands (University of Florida teachin' hospital) fer a neuro team to poke an' prod at--sonograms and EEGs an such. Upshot? " Y'ain't got no tumor--this heah is migraines. Tuff, baby, ain't much ter be done". Cafergot was the drug then--afore K9's time wif' Imetrex.
But one neuro fella said, "Youse gonna out grow these headaches. The good news is, it more prevalent in smart brains, the bad news is y'all wif' migraines is perfectionists, stress meisters...when ya learn that ain't no perfection in people or in work or in life, then ya might ease up some."
Well. Hrumph.
Kymmie, Aunty doan know about the perfectionist theory. But I did out grow 'em. I liked to have died wif 2-3 day versions of em, whar' if' a cat walked across the carpet I'd ask who's stompin' through the house. the headaches elevate yore five senses to the point of agony.
Some things I learnt:
get in a warm bath with ice pack on head/neck, turn off lights -- weird but brought some relief.
cheap chocolates NEVER again. Tryptophan in 'em is a killer. Eat only expensive, high quality choc. An' not too much.
Sulfites in wine, processed meats is a killer trigger fer me.
Stop wearin' splash or spray perfumes--some (not all ) have chemicals that trip migraines when the fumes hit yore brain via the fast route of your nostrils. If ya must wear smell-pretties, then try cream based fragrances or talcum powders. (I still git headaches --though not migraines--when I enter a department store area for cosmetics/ perfumes)
I wuz (still am ) vulnerable to certain smells--or the chemicals that cause the smells: cigars, rug backing that contains formaldehyde, cleanin' fluids, some flowers. These can make me instantaneously ill. What happens is the molecules that create the odor/aroma are airborne, you sniff it into your head--might as well sniff glue. Check to see if smells trigger yore misery.
Lights that I can detect as "blinking" even when others doan notice the tachistoscope-like rapidity of the blink.
What I wuz tole to do when the aura came:
drink lots of room temp water, take a vitamin C, an take a gentle stroll in fresh air. This did not always stop the migraine, but it did seem to lessen the severity.
Some sources think that an iron/ manganese imbalance brings on migraines:
http://www.acu-cell.com/dis-hea.html
Thar' wuz days when I prayed ter die--jes like youse described. But baby-chile' I truly did out grow 'em--at about age 36-38.
Shure hope ya feels better today.
I let them take down my address at the Men's Wearhouse when I bought a tie for my dissertation defense. I keep getting catalogues for a store I shop in maybe once ever three years. I should probably call and have them stop sending them or something, but I'm kind of lazy.
Why yes! yes it is...
Remember when that taco bueno guy said it really really loud....KIME KIME!!! LMAO!
Post a Comment