Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mute Monday - Favorites


19 comments:

Kymical Reactions said...

I would die a happy girl if I could add each of these to my collection. Especially numbers 3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, and 19. Who am I kidding? I NEED all of these. Immediately. le sigh.

Unknown said...

Paper weights are beautiful creations. Very cool MM! :D

Pam said...

Your mom is now on a quest to find that Matisse paperweight for her girl for Christmas. Just so you know.

Joanna Cake said...

Those are very beautiful. Id be terrified of breaking them tho. Happy MM x

Buzz Kill said...

These are beautiful and would look good on a window ledge with the afternoon light shining through them. The only paper weight I own is a rock (stolen from my garden) with "DAD" painted on it. It does help me win rock, paper scissors fights in the office. Bwahahaha

Happy MM!

h said...

Wow, you have a surfeit of those things. They look very cool.

Happy Mute Monday!

moi said...

S.B. collects round paperweights, too. Only his are stone. These are incredibly intricate and beautiful. I've never seen anything like them!

fishy said...

Good for you Kym! I am a long time admirer of this art form. Also, they are a good collectors item because they look fragile, but actually are not. Hope your Monday is a fine one.

Aunty Belle said...

amazin'!!

I can see exactly how a body could git taken wif' these beautites. Hope upre mama finds one fer yore stockin'.

Happy MM!

Fear the CHOMP! said...

CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP!

Vixen said...

Very beautiful! They are all lovely and quite impressive.

Native Minnow said...

I've recently been noticing some really cool ones here and there. Some that looked good enough for me to actually consider starting my own collection. Then I saw the price tag. Bwahahaha.

MinorityReport said...

Very cool. Do you pick them up when you go some place special (to remember the trip) or just collect ones that catch your eye? Happy belated. :)

Kymical Reactions said...

Raven: I think so too.

Momma: Good luck finding it! (but I really hope you do!)

Cake: They’re pretty heavy. Doubt they would break, but would probably scratch.

Buzz: They do look great when the sun makes them glisten. And nothing wrong with a Rock Dad Garden paperweight!

Trolly: I love them. A lot. This is a surefire way to win my heart. 

Moi: Your SB has great taste in paperweights. These aren’t too hard to find, once you know what you’re looking for. Most of mine have come from hospital gift shops.

Fishy: I’m a long time admirer too. And, fragile they are not! They could double as weapons!

Auntie: It’s a fast addiction. And I hope mom finds one too!

Chomper: pfffft. I reject the chomp.

Vixie: Thanky.

Minnow: I know, right?! They can be extremely expensive for no good reason. I wont let myself pay over $25 for one. Well, I did pay about $65 for one, but it’s as big as my head. I don’t understand how some of them have a price tag of $200+. I can’t justify one of those!

MR: I just pick them up whenever a cool one catches my eye. If I go out searching, my best luck is at hospital gift shops. Sick and morbid, I know.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Sorry to be so late to this, but these are very, very cool. I hope you're able to add some of the ones you mentioned to your collection. Have a great weekend.

Pam said...

So when are you going to post about the job???

sparringK9 said...

very nice. i like the presentation - how you have silhouetted them out. they might also come in handy as a deadly weapon in a pinch. happy MM!

h said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 Dollar Productions said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Good luck tomorrow.