
Our big rival back in the day were the Moore Lions. It was called "Moore War." Now with the new highschool, it threw a kink in the Moore rivalry tradition. The school district decided to keep the "Moore War" between Moore and Westmoore. The game between Southmoore and Westmoore is called the "South/West Showdown" which I think is completely clever. The game between Moore and Southmoore has some clever name too, but I forget what it is.

However, my baby sister is a Junior at Southmoore, and I have to support her team! Her boyfriend is the Quarterback, also a junior. He is ranked the best in the state, and is being recruited by the Oklahoma Sooners AND the Florida Gators. How's that for irony? gerherhhahahha!
He spent a portion over the summer at football camps with the Gators, and just before the school year started Coach Meyer even called him on his cell phone, just to ask how it was going. Then Coach Meyer handed the phone over to the one and only Tim Tebow. (I'm fairly certain that coaches shouldn't be calling kids until they are seniors, but it really did make his day.)
His dad was a Quarterback for the Sooners under Barry Switzer, so football runs in his blood. And because Southmoore has had an awesome season so far, my sisters boyfriend and his dad, along with the football coaches have been surrounded in accusations about recruiting for the team. Which is ludicrous. The Sabercats just happen to be rockstar football players.
Anyway, here's to another victory, and an undefeated season!
6 comments:
Kym, if he doesn't get a good I-A offer, send me his videos and I'll gladly pass it on to the coaches at Montana State. We have a great school and would love to have someone of his caliber. Anything to beat the dark pink. And just think, it would be an excuse for you and the hubby, sister and Pamokc to come to my beautiful town. Don't cost nothin once you get here and we all have a chance to meet. I have season tickets and a tailgate spot. MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY!! The greatest institution of higher learning west of the Missippi! Just sayin.
Can't help it, I'm a proud alum.
Of course you should be rooting for Southmoore, it would have been YOUR school (if you were nine years younger and we were still living on L.Lane) ... Meanwhile, how did the game go last night? Guess I should watch the news and find out!
Milky - that's awfully sweet! Montana Sky Country is definitely a place I'd love to see. (and get in some good hunting!) I know how it feels to be a proud alum!
Mom - I think I jinxed them by blogging about it. It was a MOST excellence game, one that it came down to who had last possession. Sabercats scored to take the lead with less than a minute left in the game. Then PCN had an awesome drive to win the game.
:( heartbreak.
I won't say his name but it took me exactly 30 seconds to find the player and his father's names. KT and CT.
Amazing how intently high-school football is covered nowadays. That Southmoore team has 4 of the best 2010 prospects in the State according to one recruit-rating service.
Troll: he's a good kid with a lot of ambition. I think we shoul remember his name as I think he will end up on your team or mine!
See, that is why you don't blog until AFTER an event!!!! PC North? Argh! Bloody northsiders.
Post a Comment