I'm sitting at home, in my comfy recliner, watching Montel Williams and that crazy psychic Sylvia Browne chick. I don't know why I am strangely drawn to these shows. I know its all ridiculous, but I still like to hear the nonsense. I'm at home because the garage repair dude said he would be here between 12:00 and 2:00pm. It's now a quarter past 1:00pm and I'm still waiting. I'm sort of hoping he shows up at 2:00, and takes his sweet time fixing the garage door so I don't have to go back to work. But now I'm board and all of these silly thoughts are creeping into my head. I thought I'd share.
I frikkin hate pennies. Why are they even still in circulation? What real purpose do they serve? They do nothing but take up the space in my desk at work and collect at the bottom of my purse. They are worthless when it comes to the vending machine and parking meters. I would die a happy girl if I never had to deal with another penny again.
I found out another show coming to town. Matchbox 20 is coming with Carolina Liar. I am feeling like this one needs to be on my list of top 5 shows to see this summer. I'm still trying to decide which 5 will make the official cut though.
I sort of think it would be funny if when Weird Al dies if his funeral was a parody of the Michael Jackson memorial. Who thinks that would be amusing?
There is a family of frogs that lives under my back patio. They made their first appearance about 2 months ago. I was outside filling up the mini swimming pool that we have for my dog to wallow in during the day, and there were 4 frogs by her doghouse. They just hopped on there froggy courting way. A few days later I counted 6 frogs. About a week ago, the husband was outside doing the doggy duties and he called me out to see the frogs. There were 14. It really freaked me out a bit, but was kinda funny at the same time. They were all lined up from the corner to the patio all the way to the fence gate.
I just got the call that the garage door guy is on his way. Happy Humpday everyone.
10 comments:
Pennies have been RUMORED to be going the way of the Do-Do bird for YEARS. I wish it would happen, myself.
Classic idea for the Weird AL YankaDick memorial. Someone should contact him about that !
I love the Weird Al idea. In fact, he should go ahead and do it just because. Not that he should die, but a send-up of the memorial would be a HOOT. Didn't know about your garage door, hope all is well. Rob Thomas ... definite maybe.
I think the younger edgier Weird AL would have done a memorial parody and it would have been hilarious.
It costs more to produce a penny, than the penny is actually worth.
E pluribus unum
I like your random thoughts and think having frogs around would be kinda cool. Do you think they think the wading pool is their pond?
Heff: I bet if everyone in America gave their pennies to the government we might be able to wipe out the National debt. I really think there is that many out there. And then the government should NEVER MAKE THEM AGAIN!!
Momma: The top panel of the garage door was busted a bit when we moved in. But all fixed up now. We can definitely tell which house is ours now, the top two panels are stark white, and the bottom are the pretty paint color.
We're classy.
Troll: I'm not so sure that he wouldn't be up for doing something like that now. And - it would still be hilarious.
AC: You would come as AC. No wonder we have a horrible National debt. We make things that are worth way less than the cost to produce it. It's the American way. and - What?
Boxer: I'm glad someone likes my random thoughts. I have them all the time. I'll do more blogging about them for you. I'm sure the frogs love the wading pool. But there are just way to many of them.
I have a friend who used to throw pennies in the trash every time he got them.
Weird Al should totally do a parody of MJ's funeral. I wonder if I could get my family to have mine be a parody of it. Hmmm. I may have to look into that.
Watching Montel will trigger random thoughts. I don't recommend it on a regular basis. Ha. As for a few of the thoughts, I'm with you on the pennies as they are largely a pain in the ass, I don't think Matchbox concert should muscle into the top 5, and I own the Weird Al box set (although I don't advertise this fact to anyone).
I'd go for a Weird Al parody funeral, for sure.
I love frogs! Once, when I was living in town, it rained for two days straight, at the end of which, all these frogs popped in my backyard. Never seen anything like it before or since. Up here, we get horny toads. They're cool, but not the same.
E Pluribus Unum - Out of many, one.
It's stamped on U.S. coins.
I'm thinking about sending my pennies to the Treasury Dept. and a copy of Atlas Shrugged to the President.
Post a Comment