*sigh* Charles Lindbergh - one of our great Americans. His Grandchildren went to my High School and they were low-key and cool about their Grandfather. I used to read biographies and his one of the best. Great use of "Spriit". Happy MM.
In 1928 Charles Kingsford-Smith, an Aussie, flew the first trans-Pacific flight from the US to Australia in three legs, with over 80 hours in the air. The plane was called the "Southern Cross" I'm a regular flyer to the US and it takes 15 hours non-stop. They sure had spirit back then.
Perfect! Although I have a terrible fear of other people flying me around, I think all that would fall away if I were the one in control in the cockpit. Happy Mute Monday!
7 comments:
Lucky Lindy did have some spirit (and balls) to fly accross the Atlantic. Nice choice.
Happy MM!
Kim,
Great work and nice spin on the spirit theme. Bravo!
Cool old pics. I taught Lindbergh aviation but he never gave me credit. Oh well.
Happy Mute Monday!
*sigh* Charles Lindbergh - one of our great Americans. His Grandchildren went to my High School and they were low-key and cool about their Grandfather. I used to read biographies and his one of the best. Great use of "Spriit". Happy MM.
Of course of course of course!!!!!!
This is TOO perfect. And today the shuttle took up the Hubble crew--how far we have come since Lindy!!
Happy MM!
Great take on the theme.
In 1928 Charles Kingsford-Smith, an Aussie, flew the first trans-Pacific flight from the US to Australia in three legs, with over 80 hours in the air. The plane was called the "Southern Cross"
I'm a regular flyer to the US and it takes 15 hours non-stop. They sure had spirit back then.
Perfect! Although I have a terrible fear of other people flying me around, I think all that would fall away if I were the one in control in the cockpit. Happy Mute Monday!
Post a Comment